• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 1/4/2023 at 7:49 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

36 Days to the trade deadline.

January 5th - Teams can sign players to 10 day contracts

January 10th - The contracts of Martin ($1 mil).and Vit ($1.5 mil) become fully guaranteed for the rest of the season.

Hawks are currently $1.7 million below the tax line. (Reminder that DJ and CC have likely incentives that get us close to the tax line).

Hawks have 2 trade exceptions $3.6 mil (Huerter) and $4.5 mil (Harkless) they can use to trade for a player on a 1 year contract. [Cannot be combined]

Expiring contracts:

JHol (6.2), Frank (2.4), AHol (1.9).

Hawks also have 2 TPEs from the Heurter ($3.5 mil) and Harkless ($4.5 mil) trades. They can be used to acquire/sign a player onna 1 year deal for those amounts. (They cannot be combined)

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
On 1/5/2023 at 12:25 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Have the Hawks ever made a big mid-season trade to improve or shake things up for the better? (meaning - not a tank trade)

It's always been smaller peripheral trades like Rondo/Lou.

I'm scouring teams for a trade involving JHol ($6.2 mil) and Frank K ($2.4 mil). (I have an idea, will post later)

What about the Mike Bibby trade? I thought he brought leadership and experience to that young team that helped a lot. 

Edit: Saw it mentioned already.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

What about the Mike Bibby trade? I thought he brought leadership and experience to that young team that helped a lot. 

Edit: Saw it mentioned already.

I had to look up the details:

ATLANTA — The Atlanta Hawks traded four players and a draft pick on Saturday for Mike Bibby, the point guard they hope will end the league's longest streak without a playoff appearance.

The Hawks sent starting point guard Anthony Johnson, 2007 first-round pick Shelden Williams, backup point guard Tyronn Lue, veteran forward Lorenzen Wright and a 2008 second-round pick to the Kings.

This honestly wouldn't even surprise me at this point with this organization. But does anyone listen to Jake Fischer's pod and actually here him say this? He was pretty on the money over the summer with the DJ trade. This might be nothing though.

But to add a little speculation...I do think the current Clint injury and timetable is a little weird.

If we gotta trade someone, I hope that, somehow, we recieve Mark Williams in the deal.  I know that it's not likely.  I keep putting his name out there, hoping someone makes a play for him.

🧑‍🔧

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

This honestly wouldn't even surprise me at this point with this organization. But does anyone listen to Jake Fischer's pod and actually here him say this? He was pretty on the money over the summer with the DJ trade. This might be nothing though.

But to add a little speculation...I do think the current Clint injury and timetable is a little weird.

Capela been on the shopping list with Bogi and JC. Atlanta willingness to let him go has been the part that been the issue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Myles Turner and Jordan Clarkson declined contract extensions from their respective teams. FVV turned down a 4yr/$114 extension in offseason (he hasn't been playing well).

These are now candidates to be traded.

• Thanks 1