• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Both Harris and Bertans signed new contracts in the 2020 offseason.  Harris got injured then had surgery after playing 14 games in 2020-21.  

thanks.  although it was last season that he played 14 games.   his 20-21 was pretty solid.  actually a career year. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
5 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

And as far as what I remember being reported, I don't think Reddish necessarily burned bridges on his way out of Atlanta... think he just saw himself as a star and felt like he wasn't getting the opportunity he felt he deserved in Atlanta.

This just doesn't ring true to me.  He was injured for most of the year, came back and played (and played well enough) in the Bucks series, then asked for a trade that offseason.

More accurate to say he was getting an opportunity he didn't deserve.

He got more PT than he deserved from his work ethic because FO had to showcase him to fulfill his trade demand. Demanding trades is not what I would consider deserving of PT. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Bullets? Even if you watch the Wiz you won't see him play.....cuz he's playing for the Mavs 😀

Omg.. :huh: I’m such a doofus I got him mixed up with the Zinger. #sugarrayleonard #pepperjohnson #bertans #porzingis #Berzingus 

the Mavs 

I don’t watch them either. :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Omg.. :huh: I’m such a doofus I got him mixed up with the Zinger. #sugarrayleonard #pepperjohnson #bertans #porzingis #Berzingus 

I don’t watch them either. :sarcastic:

I started to play it off but I ain't gonna leave you out there like that.

(a) I couldn't remember the dude's name.  I could only remember his nickname and (b) I completely thought he played for WAS.

😥

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

thanks.  although it was last season that he played 14 games.   his 20-21 was pretty solid.  actually a career year. 

I felt like all of them shooters got overpaid and now as the NBA has transitioned again, all of them look like a waste of money. Harris, Bertrans, Robinson, etc. Just too poor on defense and their offensive value wanes

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This just doesn't ring true to me.  He was injured for most of the year, came back and played (and played well enough) in the Bucks series, then asked for a trade that offseason.

He had one game, ONE, where he hit six 3's.  Then our entire fanbase gave him a coronation as future star ignoring his entire history before that moment.  Not sure when I will let this go, lol.  

• Moderators

We're halfway through the season and here's the truth.   We have almost no chance of avoiding the play-in.   Top 5 in the east have separated which means Indy, NY, Miami, Atlanta (plus Bulls and Raps) are all trying to get to that 6th spot.  Barring major roster changes we aren't going to make it which means play in again which most likely means a first round exit. 

I hate to be a downer but let's be realistic.  My whole point is that any moves we make should be for next year wins unless some kind of game changer falls in our lap.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

Per Marc Stein:

The trade market for Atlanta Hawks forward John Collins continues to swirl. The Washington Wizards, Utah Jazz, Brooklyn Nets and Indiana Pacers all have registered vary degrees of interest in trading for Collins.

Recently, the Hawks gave Collins representatives to seek a deal on their own. Atlanta is currently in a front office transition, as Travis Schlenk stepped aside from leading the basketball operations. Landry Fields was promoted to general manager, and Kyle Korver was elevated to assistant GM.

Question:

Who or what do you want from each of these teams in a JC trade?

Question:

Whoever or whatever we get you can bet that some, if not all Squawk posters will say, "That wasn't enough.  We should have gotten more.  I don't like it."

:smug:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Whoever or whatever we get you can bet that some, if not all Squawk posters will say, "That wasn't enough.  We should have gotten more.  I don't like it."

:smug:

Because trades simply for the sake of saving money are not beneficial to the team.  For the owners' pockets maybe, but not the team and not the fans.

• Like 1

Even though it doesn't make a lot of sense for our 2022-23 squad. I am all in on Duarte for JC with the Pacers. Gets us a big TPE. Duarte has a clear role as he's a 3&D SG who can guard 1s and 2s. I think it makes sense long term especially since he could be used in a package deal for a more significant player down the road. 

Yeah, I am all in for this type of deal. Makes sense for both teams.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Question:

Wiz - Hachimura and a 1st
Jazz - 2 1sts 
BKN - Simmons and they would likely take Bogi's contract off our hands with JC
Indy - J. Smith and 2 1sts (not this years but '25 and '27)

• Like 2