• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

Supes.  Interesting you couldn’t get any ownership feedback.  I’m trying to envision who is making trade phone calls around the league, is it Landry Fields along with Ressler Jr?  

Schlenk was a wizard evaluating talent coming from his videotaping days in Golden State and drafting Curry.  Who the hell is scouting for the Hawks?  March madness is coming around.  I won’t sweat it, I have a feeling this new leadership regime will trade all our draft picks by this years trade deadline and we won’t have any 1st round picks for 5 years.  Spurs are laughing at us with our dysfunctional leadership and hoping the Hawks ‘25, ‘26, ‘27 are top 5 in the draft and Spurs reap the benefits. 

Thanks Supes and Soth!  Always look forward to these threads.

Soth, I believe it was you that has mentioned in the last month or so of a player that the Hawks were targeting in a trade, but you were not at liberty to talk about.  Are you free to talk about them now?  Is Ben or KAT that player by chance?  No worries if you're still not able to talk about said player... i was just curious.

I also find it interesting that two primary targets are Ben and Embiid... with the obvious bad blood between those two.  Although I would assume that if JC is ultimately traded for Ben, then Embiid in the offseason would be off the table at that point.

Edited by Phunkabilly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also with Murray here what is the role for Ben Simmons? Like others have said, I don't see the fit. His contract is not cheap either. If anything, it's a negative value contract. Trae isn't prime LeBron, he hasn't earned the clout to hand pick his teammates. I don't feel good about the Ressler/Trae alliance, decisions can't be made purely based on relationships. Decisions should be made without fear or favor, in the best interest of the team.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Also with Murray here what is the role for Ben Simmons? Like others have said, I don't see the fit. His contract is not cheap either. If anything, it's a negative value contract. Trae isn't prime LeBron, he hasn't earned the clout to hand pick his teammates. I don't feel good about the Ressler/Trae alliance, decisions can't be made purely based on relationships. Decisions should be made without fear or favor, in the best interest of the team.

I don't believe any moves we see this year is the final moves we make. We will be active this trade deadline and this summer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So the gist of this is, with 24 days left before the trade deadline every team is overpriced their players. 😎....as usual.

It's going to be an interesting trade deadline.

Everyone is like "we want 2 first round picks for our role player." Everyone else is like "um, no."

• Like 2

Good info, thanks y'all!

The Simmons interest makes sense to me ONLY if you think you'd have to give up DJM and OO17 in a trade to get KAT or Embiid...which I'd imagine you'd have to in addition to a SIGNIFICANT amount of draft capital.

Otherwise, no interest at all in Ben if DJM and OO17 are still on the team as the spacing would be a nightmare. 

Trae / AJ / Hunter / Ben / KAT(Embiid)

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

I have too many things to say about this...and strangely, nothing at all to say. It's baffling, but making sense all at the same time. 

This one does make sense to me.  We don't want to give a coach the interim tag and create another Nate situation.  It's better to let the season play out and start a coach search when good candidates are available.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

A player that Atlanta has reached out about for Bogi is Atlanta native, Collin Sexton. This might be something to look into as Atlanta is trying to improve it's struggling bench. 

This is new, haven't heard this rumor before. Sexton's contract is 3yrs 17, 18, 19, mil remaining.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I don't feel good about the Ressler/Trae alliance, decisions can't be made purely based on relationships. Decisions should be made without fear or favor, in the best interest of the team.

This is the one thing that concerns me the most. I have Landry has enough good sense to be the one that sees reason when it doesn't make sense for the team as a whole.

We saw LBJ got his klutch clients paid to remain on his teams and is wasn't the best thing for the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He has even heard of Aaron Holiday being packaged. He thinks Atlanta wants to add more rotational pieces to the bench. That's a big deal. 

Why?

Nates only gonna play 4 guys off the bench, sonif we've got AJ, Jj, OO - that leaves one spot. 😆 

I'm kidding of course, but we do need a better bench when the kids are struggling or when starters are out.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

JC for duarte and firsts is going to be hard to stomach for me.   I know JC wants out but i'd still like him to be a Hawk.  I hate the direction we seem to be going.   Even if we get Simmons that's not that fun to me and I"m not a believer that Simmons is an effectve 4.  

I hope we can get something for a Holiday but I think this is going to be a quiet deadline. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ben's not gonna gripe about offensive touches/shots.   The more defensive players he has the less he's gonna have to worry about it 😆 

Can Ben really defend the 4 though?   Is Ben/OO a good frontcourt?   Talk about anti-gravity.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Indiana is far more likely as they have players that appeal to Atlanta and can give Atlanta a lot of cap space.

Not cap space, but Luxury Tax space. Even if JC is traded into Indy's capspace - Hawks are still over the cap this and next year.