• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hate getting triggered by this stuff, but I can’t help it lol

I had a friend try and convince me that  Fox was better than Trae because he was a winner and team player. Then I had to remind him that the Kings never won with Fox as their best player. They finally made the playoffs after Sabonis arrived and took over.

Then you have guys in the comment section saying Murray is the best because his team is in the Finals. Let’s not only ignore the fact that Jokic is one of the best players on the planet right now, but Trae has already been to the conference finals, which makes him better than Brunson and Fox by the same logic, right? Wrong

Speaking of the ECF, I know that poster was trolling when he said Trae cost us game 5 against the Bucks because he sat out instead of being a team player…….. I can’t make this stupidity up. And people liked the comment. Yikes.

This is what we are up against in the world.

Pure ignorance when it comes to Trae.

I agree especially with the Murray part.

you put Trae or Brunson with a Jokic type and they’d be significantly better than Murray is now.

id put it as…..

1.trae 2. Brunson 3. Fox 4. Murray 

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

FYI: I don't have any Intel on what the Hawks are planning at 15th overall. Just a FYI. 

My apologies... confused you with camp...

Ya know, on an internet board, you all really do look alike. giphy.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

There's a very good chance at least one of our front court starters will be traded. I asked for a percentage and after a pause was told at least 70% chance of that happening in the offseason.

My interpretation of that... they're simply not going to be content to pay tax.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm still on record as believing Tony will pay the tax.  If I'm an investor, here's what I'm asking.  Do you look at being one of the highest paying rosters in the league with this frontline?  Our starters include JC and CC who haven't been close to their peak form and that's who we need them to be.  Spare me the belief that JC is the same guy because he closed out the year shooting 40% from three.  Also, the "insider rumor" is Hunter was the golden boy for TS and the new FO is freeing their mind from that perspective.    

I actually would be relieved if we move on from some of these guys when it's clear that they would lead to perpetual mediocrity.  Paying the tax or not isn't really the issue.  You have to find the cast of players that are worthy of paying the tax.  So, I don't see Tony as the problem like many believe.  I'm sitting back like Tony and saying I'd be happy to pay the tax for the right roster but is it this one?  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I'm still on record as believing Tony will pay the tax.  If I'm an investor, here's what I'm asking.  Do you look at being one of the highest paying rosters in the league with this frontline?  Our starters include JC and CC who haven't been close to their peak form and that's who we need them to be.  Spare me the belief that JC is the same guy because he closed out the year shooting 40% from three.  Also, the "insider rumor" is Hunter was the golden boy for TS and the new FO is freeing their mind from that perspective.    

I actually would be relieved if we move on from some of these guys when it's clear that they would lead to perpetual mediocrity.  Paying the tax or not isn't really the issue.  You have to find the cast of players that are worthy of paying the tax.  So, I don't see Tony as the problem like many believe.  I'm sitting back like Tony and saying I'd be happy to pay the tax for the right roster but is it this one?  

So, let's chew on this.

Willing to pay the tax, but it has to be for other players "worthy".

Okay. Reasonable. And so...

Which GMs do you see out there who will be eager to exchange their "worthy" players for these players you're saying are unworthy?

Because, you do get it, right, that other GMs also  act in their own self-interest too.

So, who's kidding whom?

Sure you can always hope to get lucky, but on its face, every trade ever made should be  expected to yield approximately the same net value to the teams involved. Unless, that is , if you have draft picks you can throw into a trade. We're draft pick poor, though. So that's not an option.

Sure, you can deal for a lesser player and draft picks coming to you... but how does that help you get to a contention in the near term? It doesn't.

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

There's a very good chance at least one of our front court starters will be traded. I asked for a percentage and after a pause was told at least 70% chance of that happening in the offseason.

There is a 100% chance ONE of the three are moved. Probably like 60-70% two of the three are moved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

What's the percentage on you punching @Spud2nique in the belly if yall ever meet up?  😄

It's ok, he's not listenin'.  You can tell me.

Don't worry spud, he'll help you up and will buy you a beer afterwards.  But that belly-punch is comin', brolio. 

:laugh1: Oh no belly punch 🤛 Soth is gonna WWF Jake the snake Robert’s my poor a$$! He’s gonna be like “INSIDER WIT MAFCKER, TALK NOW, WITH A TOWEL IN YOUR MOUTH 👄!”

image.gif.1add3b2cc2e68313e467adf864fd5db3.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What's the percentage on you punching @Spud2nique in the belly if yall ever meet up?  😄

It's ok, he's not listenin'.  You can tell me.

Don't worry spud, he'll help you up and will buy you a beer afterwards.  But that belly-punch is comin', brolio. 

You know how there's that one thing that happened in your wife's family, and you thought it was funny, but you found out she didn't?

Yeah. It's like that.

Worse, you found out she didn't... and...  for good reason.

It's exactly like that.

My unsolicited advice, do what the rest of us are doing... leave it alone. Not every personal dig is joke fodder just because a given person wants/needs it to be for his/her own sake. Even if "given person" is your friend. (And I get it, the given person probably does, regrettably enough.)

People nice enough and who have the grace to be prepared to work around things shouldn't be poked.

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is a 100% chance ONE of the three are moved. Probably like 60-70% two of the three are moved.

Bro, how many times have we heard there is a 100% chance Collins will be moved?  Nothing is 100%.

@sturt I hear what you are saying and it describes what every NBA franchise has to do continually.  How can we improve more than the competition?  I actually think we ARE in a difficult position to improve because what you are saying is true.  The players we would want to trade due to their fit or contract aren't highly valued around the league. We need to really hit on a signing or trade like we did with Millsap or Korver.  It will take finding some undervalued players or moving more draft capital for an upgrade. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 6/2/2023 at 10:44 AM, kg01 said:

Aye, we can parlay it into a reality TV show.  Just inject some hot chicks (and dudes?) and drum up some drama and were golden. 

I'll take the lead on this.  It's kinda my area of expertise.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Fool me once..... I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I don't feel fooled at all.  My own view is Ressler has been aggressive when opportunity is there and he shows restraint when appropriate.  If our ECF team would have followed up that performance with a strong season, Ressler would have paid more to keep it together or add to it. 

When you end up firing the coach and GM it's not also time to take your salary to the top 25% in the league.  Going into the tax to add Kevin Huerter to your group of wings Murray, Hunter, AJ, Bogi, and Bey made no sense.  You'd be saying we should trade one of those guys for something valuable like a 1st round pick.  It's easier to package a first with a player like Collins or Capela for an upgrade than it would be trying to match salary and fit with Huerter as part of a trade.  

Strategically I don't see where Ressler has ever been in a position where paying the tax was/is the right move.  

• Like 2