• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

let's do this.   Miami was the first statement game of the season.  This is #2.   Let's make sure the Mavs look like it. 

I feel like this is a must win game even though it's not really a must win game. This winning streak has been one of the few things to be encouraged about with all of the dysfunction surrounding the Hawks lately. No reason to come out unprepared tonight. Curb stomp these guys in their own arena and let the media and rest of the league know the Hawks are formidable regardless of the turmoil within the organization. Winning this game in convincing fashion on BSPN would be sweet.

• Like 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Is an American ever gonna win the MVP again?2E2EF151-16CD-4A74-887A-F793D7444F81.thumb.jpeg.f340f80bd17a6cf91c8963fcdf55f623.jpeg

Tatum been playing virtually flawless ball, Luka and Jokic still distinguishing themselves from the pack.

Safe to say that will happen again.  Americans won it 11 years in a row before Giannis and Jokic.  

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Safe to say that will happen again.  Americans won it 11 years in a row before Giannis and Jokic.  

That has no bearing on the future.  A shift has clearly happened.  

Luka got 10-12 more years of dominant play, Jokic about 5.   I know nothing of Wembadaya or whatever but most think he’s gonna be transcendent.  

Isaiah Thomas detailed it pretty well in an NBA segment called “Let It Be Known”.  American players are coming in as AAU pay-for-play brats.  The best international players are enetering the league as pros having played against seasoned 30 year olds .  They’ve nullified the usual athleticism disadvantage with considerably more advanced BBIQ.  American players are just now realizing trying to copy Steph isn’t prudent as if it ever was.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All things considered, the Mavs are just 1 game ahead of us in the loss column. .... granted it took us a mini win streak to get here, but here we are....You won't see this mentioned on ESPN though.  Just how bad and dysfuntional the Hawks are...... That segment on Luka/Trae trade was HORRIBLE look for us. They didnt even mention our trip to ECF until the very end....Smh

We're completely healthy now for once(albeit CC on a min restriction).. Tonight is a great chance to change the narrative for a while....... 

I hope Trae and Murray go off BIG time..ESPECIALLY Trae...

I hope Dre locks up Luka...

I hope the Hawks win in a rout...

The end........

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2