• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's all starting to come together.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Absences has made our bench stronger. 

Our players are learning to play with each other on offense. 

If we can limit turnovers....

If we can play good defense....

If we can rebound the ball....

Who can beat us?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Who can beat us?

I guess not the 23-25 Oklahoma City Thunder!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

If Trae can start making shots consistently and we can get our top 8 healthy the rest of the way we might have a shot at seed #5. Still a little disappointing. 

I would say.. not for this season.    It used to be that the strength was in the W.  We got one month of parity...  Now all of the strong teams are in the East.   Right now, Historically good teams like Chicago, Toronto, and Indiana are behind us in the standings.   #5 is going to take a push because the top 5 now are 

• Boston
  • Philly
  • Milwaukee
  • Brooklyn
  • Cleveland.

One of those teams will have to fall out for us to be #5.   Not saying that it won't happen... Just showing the strength of the east. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OKC are 7-3 in their last 10 games.   Including ours.  I think they were 8-2 before us. 

they've been up and down all year and are a mid team overall.  They aren't a top 10 team atm or at any moment this year. It was a nice win as it was on the road, but some more sketchy play down the stretch. We just lost games against two very sub-par teams so probably need to string together a few more wins again before anyone gets excited.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I would say.. not for this season.    It used to be that the strength was in the W.  We got one month of parity...  Now all of the strong teams are in the East.   Right now, Historically good teams like Chicago, Toronto, and Indiana are behind us in the standings.   #5 is going to take a push because the top 5 now are 

• Boston
  • Philly
  • Milwaukee
  • Brooklyn
  • Cleveland.

One of those teams will have to fall out for us to be #5.   Not saying that it won't happen... Just showing the strength of the east. 

Cleveland is catchable if we really go on a big run, but that's the highest we can aspire too, and probably a first round exit again, if we get lucky we can get to the second round but that would probably rely on us being a lot healthier than whoever we end up playing.

44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Who can beat us?

Thats alot of if's....

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Teams like Charlotte and Chicago

I tip my hat to Chicago.  They played us tough.  Derozen hit big shots.   They are a team that everytime we play it comes down to the wire.  But the Charlotte loss was BS of our own making. 

Both games featured our turnovers, and our lack of rebounding. 

Finally, we get an extra day of rest...  and here comes a team that should challenge for the NBA title. 

LAC is good and deep.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I tip my hat to Chicago.  They played us tough.  Derozen hit big shots.   They are a team that everytime we play it comes down to the wire.  But the Charlotte loss was BS of our own making. 

Finally, we get an extra day of rest...  and here comes a team that should challenge for the NBA title. 

LAC is good and deep.

The Hawks now have the 6th hardest remaining schedule in the league.

No easy nights...

https://tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Teams like Charlotte and Chicago

LAC is good and deep.

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Are you hearing it?  This seems to contradict the premise of this thread.  

No... because we can overcome our mistakes.   We can't overcome being less talented.

• Moderators

LAC is good and deep.

No... because we can overcome our mistakes.   We can't overcome being less talented.

That's half the teams in the league though.  Half the teams have the talent needed to be elite if they can overcome their mistakes.  We've shown time and time again that we can't overcome consistently. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's half the teams in the league though.  Half the teams have the talent needed to be elite if they can overcome their mistakes.  We've shown time and time again that we can't overcome consistently. 

stop applying objective logic to @Diesel's posts.  They're not as fun when you do that.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So have half the teams in the League.

Here's the difference.   We started off New.   We have totally New personnel in prominent positions.  It was expected that it would take time for us to "gel". 

Nobody expected Boston, Milwaukee, Philly, or Chicago to need time to gel.   But it seems that now, we're starting to see what we look like when we have a better understanding of our roles. 

• Moderators

Here's the difference.   We started off New.   We have totally New personnel in prominent positions.  It was expected that it would take time for us to "gel". 

Nobody expected Boston, Milwaukee, Philly, or Chicago to need time to gel.   But it seems that now, we're starting to see what we look like when we have a better understanding of our roles. 

I get excited to but 2 things temper my excitement.   We need to see this team play well for more than a week at a time.   And we still don't have a bench.   I love the progress AJ and JJ have made this season.  It's a tall task to expect them to be the key bench players for a playoff run in their first playoffs.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Doesn't Cleveland have "totally New personnel in prominent positions"?  Same with the Nets (simmons).  Same with Philly (Harden).

Same with Milwaukee when you factor in that Middleton was out all year till just now.   Same with Knicks (Brunson).

Same with the Kings.

I guess those teams are exempt from your grand excuse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Who can beat us?

Didn't see the game but the box score indicates that we won the game with the second unit.  Trae, for instance, was -11 in the game.  What actually happened?