• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

Agreed.  % of annual salary is a lot more fair.  Players with NBA minimum salary and players with maximum NBA salaries being fined the same amount is not right.  Minimum player - It's a big hunk of his income.  Maximum player - it's pocket change.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You indirectly hit on something that really irks me with officials.  Late whistles.  How many times to we see the whistle come late in a sequence, almost as if (what I fully expect is happening) they wait to see if a basket is made or not made before deciding whether to call the foul or not.  To me, this just illustrates how out of hand officiating has gotten. 

There was one play where Saddiq was clearly fouled, fell to the ground, and the ball sort of hung on the rim while the official just watched, not signaling for the foul.  Then the ball fell off the rim and the foul comes.  WTH?  Either call a foul or don't.  Making the shot should have no bearing on whether the defender fouled or not.  

If the officials would call a foul when they see the foul, they would avoid these bogus inaccuracies like the JC/KAT review.  

Agree on that.  Seems like they want to be soccer referees trying to decide whether advantage applies or not.  That isn't how basketball is supposed to work.

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree on that.  Seems like they want to be soccer referees trying to decide whether advantage applies or not.  That isn't how basketball is supposed to work.

I think that is specific direction from the league's unwritten rule book.  it's been like that as long as i can remember.

On fines the minimum fine should be their 1 game salary.  So for a player making $35m that's about 425k.  

• Like 2

If I had to divide the blame on how this season went, it would go 40% to the front office, 30% to Nate McMillan, and 30% to the Players. The front office traded our best catch-and-shoot 3pt shooter, Kevin Huerter, for two terrible players who aren't on the roster anymore for a first-round pick that we will probably have to trade this offseason anyway. This team failed to have any good 3pt shooting until after the all-star break with Bey, and the Hawks had to rely so much on AJ Griffin (while great who is a rookie and we shouldn't have to put so much on a rookie). The front office also failed to get any good perimeter defenders on this team besides Hunter, so defensively this team is absolute garbage. We also needed an actual backup PG to take the load off of DJ and Trae instead of loading them up with minutes, but the front office didn't care...(shout out to Nick!)

Nate McMillan put so many bad habits into this team's head with long twos, constant iso play, and lack of passing that it is disgusting. It is no wonder we are so bad in the 4th quarter. Quin Snyder has to try to fix these hopefully habits. No excuse why this team that has one of the best passers in the league has such low pass attempts and catch-and-shoot attempts. It's disgusting. Players obviously deserve a bunch of blame here. DJ's defense isn't what people thought it was, and he has done a terrible job running the bench. Hunter's perimeter defense isn't that good, Capela is getting worse as the season goes by...everyone knows about JC. The only bright spots this season are AJ, Jalen, and Onyeka. Onyeka is ready to be a starter...I don't know about Jalen and AJ. 

Finally, is it a coincidence that after Ryan Cameron, the Hawks best PA announcer ever, got fired for asking for a pay raise, we had two mediocre years....just saying 

• Like 3

Huerter has thrived with the Kings.  He's playing there much better than he did here.  Who is at fault?  We can only wonder and guess.  Last night he led the Kings in scoring and had a big (+) for the game.  I agree that this was one of the worst trades that the Hawks have on their record.  Sacramento is in 2nd place in the west!

When a player leaves one team and plays better with another team, we have to question, why?  Prince is another Hawk who is playing well for another team.  

I wanted the center that went to the Hornets in the draft but I'm thrilled that we have AJ Griffin.  Atlanta had been hoarding 2nd round picks like loose change.  They wouldn't really draft anyone with them.  They traded them for Bey.  Another great winning move.   (I still want that center)  Everything we do is not bad.

:smug: