• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is new NBA BS...  Ja Morant, Luka Doncic, Dillion Brooks.... all suffer from the same disease.  Immaturity. 

I don't want to be the one to say Shut up and play.. but maybe you need anger management classes.  I just hope he doesn't come out today with some passive aggressive BS. 

We only care about the one that plays for the Hawks...

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

It makes this old man wonder:

Trae played  21 minutes, hit 1 three, had 14 points - -Left with the score tied. (-8)

AH played 12 minutes, hit 2 of 3 from three, had 7 points.  (+10)  Hawks win!

Holiday has always been a real pest on defense.  Mathews, 0017 & Aaron did shine last night.

Another odd starting time tonight - 6 PM - on back to back games with Atlanta @ .500 again!

It was nice watching the Hawks close out a fourth quarter without one player over-dribbling, and turning the ball over, while everyone else stands around.

Murray actually started doing it for a few possessions(over dribbling), but everyone else kept the ball moving and hitting the open guy.

I've seen the Hawks do that in plenty of first quarters, but very rarely in the fourth quarter.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lies!

If literal hours of watching completely unrealistic spy/action movies and TV shows have taught me anything, it's that Trae saved a life last night.  We just don't know it yet.

His keen eye spotted a sniper's bullet that was covered in top secret nanotechnology that was aimed at a world domination plot involving NBA refs.  His 140mph chest pass was just enough to knock the projectile off its path.

He's been disavowed by the 'agency' so no one can come forward and give him the heros reception he so richly deserves.  Instead, he has to endure the punishment and public ridicule.  But, rest assured, the ones who know ..... know.  They know, shakes ...

(kg stares off into the distance)

Please take that to Kam and AD Monday morning.

41 minutes ago, shakes said:

Please take that to Kam and AD Monday morning.

Kam: Uhm ... ok thanks for that, kg.  Listen, if the guy stopped a global plot, I don't see any reason to give 'im a tech.  Your thoughts, AD?"

AD: "But how do you spell plot, Kam?  P-l-o-t."

Kam: "That's right.  That's right.  Insight from the champion there, folks."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

The media already preparing their excuses for Luka being a bad teammate.. lol

Just shows you how much they hate Trae Young..

This is all bowl sh*t.  They're tryna say him suing his momma and all that is weighing on him.  But then how do they explain the fact that he's been this way his whole career but folks decided to ignore it until now?

They're also ignoring the fact that his former #2's are flourishing now that they're away from him.  And are ignoring he's about to be on his 3rd head coach and that theyre now out of the play-in despite adding Kyrie - for all his faults, was playing at an allstar level before getting traded there. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

The media already preparing their excuses for Luka being a bad teammate.. lol

Just shows you how much they hate Trae Young..

Don't make a habit of watching Luka's post game pressers, but that he was recently hyped as the #25 GOAT in NBA History by a popular NBA website many of us frequent on occasion made me pause in the last day or two when a segment showed up in a tweet, and he made it clear he's absolutely mentally exhausted, and made mention that there is something going on in his personal life that's compounded things.

He's not just a superhero figure in an NBA video game. He is a real flesh and blood person.

Two things can be true at once. Luka is overhyped by media, and Luka could be dealing with something really hard to deal with. We know the former. Each person gets to give their benefit of a doubt or not regarding the latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Comparing Holiday and Young.

Who has the most fans?  No contest.  Any young fan have a Holiday shirt?  Nope.  All #11.

Who is the best passer, assist PG?  Trae has the reputation.

Who takes, and makes, logo three balls?  Trae, hands down better.

Who makes the most money?  No contest.  Trae.

Who plays the best defense?  Holiday.  He's a real pest.

Who  has the best (+) (-) rating for the season?  You decide.

Who hits the higher % of their shots?  You decide.

The entire thought process:  Hawks do not become dead meat simply because Trae is not playing.  Because Young and Murray alternate in the PG position, we all have a tendency to forget that we even have Aaron Holiday on the team.  He's pretty good as a #3 PG on our team.

:smug:

• Like 1

The Hawks are a 500 team. These stats don't necessarily relate to wins. Too many times Trae has great numbers but ball dominance and poor shot selection have led to defeat. +/-  aren't the only indicators whether  you played a good or bad game. They don't tell the whole story.  I'm pointing at situational ball. I'm  not trying to trash Trae. Anyone can see he can play it's how he often plays that is not good for the Team.

Ballplayers play better when they are engaged and in rhythm.  You get in rhythm by touching the ball not sitting in a corner  getting the ball with the shot clock running down especially if your not a catch and shoot ballplayer. What good is it if you have 40 pts but you fall apart in crunch time. Did you really have a good game?  These numbers have their value but fall far short of telling the whole story. That is why Q is emphasizing ball movement and trusting that kind of play instead of reverting to ball dominance and hero ball late in games. The Hawks will become a good team with Trae not because of Trae.

You can give me all the stats in the world but I will guarantee you this. The Hawks will remain a 500 team unless we change the way we play.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We are in total agreement @FL_BRYANT.  A great example of this is the Hunter last shot against Minnesota.  I don't think Hunter had shot the ball that quarter other than a put back attempt but yet the fan base exploded when he missed that shot accusing him of not being a clutch player.  This is what this site protects Trae Young and justifies his 4th quarter hero ball.  Its a weird dynamic here but hopefully coaching can improve the team's approach to close out games.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We are in total agreement @FL_BRYANT.  A great example of this is the Hunter last shot against Minnesota.  I don't think Hunter had shot the ball that quarter other than a put back attempt but yet the fan base exploded when he missed that shot accusing him of not being a clutch player.  This is what this site protects Trae Young and justifies his 4th quarter hero ball.  Its a weird dynamic here but hopefully coaching can improve the team's approach to close out games.

It wasn’t the fact that he missed.  It was how ugly a miss the shot was.  Kind of like a player getting groans from the fans when he air balls a free throw.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Again it was an impromptu pass to a player who had hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half but I guess this concept is not enough to get past the politics here so never mind

I get it.  You should get that shooting what may have been the biggest brick in the entire game with the game on the line is going to draw groans from people.  That isn’t complicated.  If Trae shot it people would complain.  If DM shot it people would complain.  If Bey shot it people would complain.  If Hunter shot it then no different.  A shot that ugly will draw out frustration in the fan base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Again it was an impromptu pass to a player who had hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half but I guess this concept is not enough to get past the politics here so never mind

An "imprpmptu" pass that was part of the play they discussed like 6 seconds beforehand? 

Guys an NBA player, gotta be shot-ready regardless.  Criticizing the outcome isn't part of some conspiracy. 

• Like 2