• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

The Hawks injury/illness/impound report remains in a holding pattern as of 11:30 AM.

On the Griz' side, Brandon Clarke is likely out for the season after suffering an Achilles tear earlier this month, and Ziaire Williams remains week-to-week with a sore ankle. Steven Adams' timetable to return from a strained PCL in his knee is still unclear. Ja Morant continues to wear a protective face mask for his nose.

~lw3

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

who needs a Taylor Swift?

My dad insists he saw her at the supermarket.. I said what was she buying, he said she wasn’t, she was the cashier. :huh: Apparently Taylor needs a side job to make ends meet. :er:

35 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The starting center has been out of commission for 27 games,

He wasn’t suited up when I went to the Clipps game a few weeks back. Westbrook and Bane were about to throw down and Adams aka Aqua man was ready to protect! 

705FDC6B-5709-4E18-800A-E46B12D286AD.jpeg.940cde2f61c9ad033dc26fce809cc6b8.jpeg

39 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

David Roddy (7-for-12 3FGs, combined 43 points in two prior wins over DAL)

This dude balls, grinder.

39 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Klay and Dray will have you no.

Is it… 2? * orrrr..

5E5381A4-E577-4E95-AF2B-B13B3EA74109.thumb.jpeg.36260e2bff7ab13cb32aefd4251ea892.jpeg

42 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Jordan Nworas

Opportunity knocks.

@lethalweapon3 you smooth brah, thanks 🙏🏿 

Vegas got Hawks … ooohhh sorry Grizz -2, wow that’s disrespectful but I understand.

2K has Hawks -8

JC 25 and 10 to LEAD the Hawk (first time he led the team in scoring in 2K sims all year).

JC/CC/OO combine for 41 boards and 5 SWATS! :deke:

GOOOOO HAWKSSSS!!!!

44B8FE52-ADBF-4C1F-822A-A4F7552B20EF.jpeg

BCB59ABF-F1D4-4F26-8C68-44F47B0FB661.jpeg

4E72CCEC-9A0B-4737-98C6-A3DC328F9E41.jpeg

8041F998-6381-4D51-B58A-10800B5970A8.jpeg

95C3512E-4F0D-4290-A5C3-1D2B7314B812.jpeg

5452765A-CD1C-4582-B077-3958CAB3B99C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

There we go, in b4 the 1 PM due date for teams playing a SEGABABA...

All quiet on the Trae front, but I'll keep fingers crossed.

~lw3

@hawkman do you and lw3 share the same account? Not for yahoo personals but on squawk? Asking for a friend ( @kg01:batman:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

There we go, in b4 the 1 PM due date for teams playing a SEGABABA...

All quiet on the Trae front, but I'll keep fingers crossed.

~lw3

Bogi might need to sit this one out...back to back amd a knee contusion?

• Like 2

I’m praying that Bogi doesn’t play tonight. I hate when he plays back to backs, he is terrible in them.

you know I saw discussion on Twitter about the hawks season being disastrous and yeah I overall agree with that…we made a win now trade with Murray and we have a worse team now than last year..this season has been revealed a lot of problems about our players and staff that has to be resolved. even if you want to be optimistic about our young players, we only been on 1 win streak this entire season and the hawks never jelled at all. I’m just hoping next season is different. I just want to not worry about being in the play-in next season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@hawkman do you and lw3 share the same account? Not for yahoo personals but on squawk? Asking for a friend ( @kg01:batman:

"Who wants to know?" - lw3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi might need to sit this one out...back to back amd a knee contusion?

Sabe us, Meth-Bogi. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The signature wins of the season for me are smacking the Nuggets without Trae (kinda fluky I admit) and beating the heat once lol.  With the way the Grizz been playing lately this would definitely be the third if they can pull it out.  Very impressed by how well Ja has accepted and thrived in his new bench role.  The Rockets gonna Rocket but a team best +41 over two games ain’t nothing to sneeze at.

I’m excited Quin is here, no doubt. As far as Bud Disciples though Taylor is head of the class.  Based on youth and payroll Memphis been wildly overachieving for a few years now. 

Trae is gonna have two fabulous defenders in Brooks and JJJ draped upon him all night.  Making the right reads at the right time and using their aggressiveness against them will be key.  Win or lose if he’s a +7 I’ll be very impressed.  Interested to see how Clint looks on this B2B and how AJ and Bey adjust to a very limited number of open looks.

• Like 2

Brevin Knight ( former Hawk and current Grizzlies color analyst )

"The Grizzlies can't let the energy of the building get to them.  And they need to see if they can convert some of these "on the fence" Hawks fans."

Kind of sad that this is part of the reputation of this fan base.  They support the Hawks, but a good number in the crowd always come out for the star / superstar players, and will cheer loud as hell for them.

We cannot let Ja take over the building and have the crowd on his side, especially if he pulls off one of his spectacular dunks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1