• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

In wholly unrelated news, congrats to @shakes , 2K23 Hawksquawk March Madness champiòn!

Silver looks kinda good on me. I'm still gobsmacked by the fact I may grab at least the silver once more in the Squawk Fantasy Hoops Final, which, humblebragging again, I have absolutely no business being in. @TheNorthCydeRises please, save me from myself!

~lw3

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

Our JJ (Out, mild groin and hammy strain) still isn't feeling dyn-o-mite enough to return to action. He's the only Hawk on the injury/illness report, which is good news if it holds through the day.

Jarrett Allen (strained groin) and Isaac Okoro (sore knee) are each still listed as Questionable in the early listings, while Dean Wade (non-COVID illness) is Doubtful, and 2013 Hawks draftee Raul Neto (strained hammy) is Out. Veteran tagalong Danny Green (health 'n safety) won't be around to yell at Cavs to get back on D from the bench.

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Ike Okoro is the only holdout among the Questionable/Doubtful set for Cleveland. Jarrett Allen is downgraded to Out, as are Dea-Wade and Mag-Neto.

No new Hawks on the list either, as of the 5:30 PM update.

~lw3

• Moderators

Still, questions remain about the team's offense, particularly late in games, even with Mitchell and Garland running the show. Cleveland continues to struggle in clutch time (defined by the NBA as the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime when the score is within five points), ranking 23rd in offensive efficiency and 24th in effective field goal percentage during that span. Mitchell is seventh in the league in total clutch points, but he has shot under 40% from the field and the Cavs are 20-20 in clutch games this season.

"Our biggest thing last year was just the last five, six minutes of games just down the stretch, taking care of the ball, getting a quality shot," Garland said. "That's where Don comes in ... and that's what we're still learning.

"That's been our whole thing, really, since after the All-Star break. Focus on trying to hit quality shots in tough situations. Especially coming down the stretch."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35917754/the-cavaliers-learned-last-year-collapse

~lw3

Winnable game….Jarrett Allen, Dean Wade are out. Issac Okoro may be out..Clint and Onyeka have to dominate the glass tonight. This and the next two games are the most important games of the season standing wise. We have to win 2 of them (preferably all three) to keep the 8th seed because the raptors and bulls are on our tails. LETS GO HAWKS

50 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Winnable game….Jarrett Allen, Dean Wade are out. Issac Okoro may be out..Clint and Onyeka have to dominate the glass tonight. This and the next two games are the most important games of the season standing wise. We have to win 2 of them (preferably all three) to keep the 8th seed because the raptors and bulls are on our tails. LETS GO HAWKS

Well, we lost the last game, so we’re due for a W. 

Good to see Murray and JC making shots...

Trae worst player on the floor for us so far...

Dude just cant stop turning the ball over.. He just cant..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Murray starts playing better then Trae starts stinking up the joint.. Geez..

Turnover machine that Trae Young guy is.... 

6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I love that Quin is not afraid to give the end of the bench guys minutes.

Evaluation season..