• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

I posted these 6-7 years ago:

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/420029-official-game-thread-hawks-at-trail-blazers/?do=findComment&comment=869860

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/414188-2016-playoffs-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=819894

Unfortunately for the dedicated Blazer fans they have management that apparently have king size beds in their offices so this hasn’t happened and all they really have to show for Dame’s 11 year career in terms of team success is a Conference Finals sweep versus a Warrior team missing KD.

Unless something drastic happens this summer the Hawks are locked in to this treadmill for a long time, then another rebuild.  Strap in yall.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Trae is still worth just 30 wins. He fooled us a bit with the defensive spurt with Quin but he's back to his norm. 

Getting DJ did boost our floor but he has to have all of the starters around just to break even. The 2nd unit since the Bey trade been tremendous. 

The biggest issue is this team now has bad contracts. This is not an easy fix. JC and Trae are bad deals. Trae has to be elite on offense if he's going to be awful on defense and not just an elite playmaker. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Is there any team in the league that would take Trea?

I'm afraid we're stuck with him.

Glad you rang.  Oklahoma City Thunder are last in the NBA in attendance and have been for a while. Trae is from Oklahoma.  The starting point of the trade obviously would be Trae Young for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I can’t shoot in this game. I’ve played it for 20 years or so never had a problem always been a good 3 point shooter but something is off this year and I never adapted. :sad: Otherwise I’d shoot about 25 a game.

Apparently Hawks real team can’t shoot threes either. Geez 8-37.. 21% :sad:

Didn’t see it but accidentally just saw the score on my phone. I don’t think I’m gonna watch this one. Screw it. The boxscore looks like Trae and JC played like a$$. :sad:

Back to .500 on Sunday against the Mavs? Maybe we like playing catch up even Steven. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Glad you rang.  Oklahoma City Thunder are last in the NBA in attendance and have been for a while. Trae is from Oklahoma.  The starting point of the trade obviously would be Trae Young for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. 

They would never do that deal. They would be open to a Trae deal for sure but not for Shai.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, warcore said:

Well my brother visited the night of the Cavs game.... hopefully visits from brothers are good luck???

No more brothers … :er: 

Your brothers bring us bad luck. Even our best player forgets how to play when your brothers are in town. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For a discount. Maybe Philly would take him for Joel but if you can get Bam, get Bam

lol Spoelstra and Trae...

Riley would never...

Edited by terrell

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae is still worth just 30 wins. He fooled us a bit with the defensive spurt with Quin but he's back to his norm. 

Getting DJ did boost our floor but he has to have all of the starters around just to break even. The 2nd unit since the Bey trade been tremendous. 

The biggest issue is this team now has bad contracts. This is not an easy fix. JC and Trae are bad deals. Trae has to be elite on offense if he's going to be awful on defense and not just an elite playmaker. 

Funny how you left out Dre contract, but yeah.... Agreed

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Funny how you left out Dre contract, but yeah.... Agreed

Because Dre contract is market value. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean most of the league doesn't and I definitely like him. 

38 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I said this before..

"Send him back home to OKC" if we decide to move on...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

Are people seriously saying that Trae has a bad contract? I know he’s had a bad couple of games but Trae is a top 10 offensive player in the league who averages 27 points and 10 assists. I love to be stuck with a player like that. Come on y’all. Trae isn’t the problem with this franchise. Stars don’t grow on trees. Trae is the most relevant player the hawks have in 30 years and it’s nuts how quickly people want to give up on him. Do people want the hawks to be irrelevant again?

with that being said, this game continues the trend of the starters playing like absolute garbage with the exception of Bey. Trae had an absolute stinker that basically cost us the game. When Trae has a bad game…it’s absolutely horrid. I thought JC had his shot back but I guess he proved me wrong, good for him. JC and Capela gotta go this offseason. This is embarrassing. This team keeps losing games that they are supposed to take seriously, but I knew that watching the season.

6th seed is dead in the water, 7th seed may be dead in the water. Goal is just to keep the 8th seed and go into the playoffs. Rather go into the playoffs and get swept then lose in the playin because the vibes are much better losing in the playoffs…I hope this team is better next season

Edit: the main issue is not Trae but is the fact that the only good perimeter defender on this team is Hunter and Hunter has to do so much on this team. So many problems on this team come from the roster construction. We should’ve resigned Delon Wright, and we gotta get some defensive wings next season. That will fix our perimeter issues. 

Edited by givemesome1ce1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Are people seriously saying that Trae has a bad contract? I know he’s had a bad couple of games but Trae is a top 10 offensive player in the league who averages 27 points and 10 assists. I love to be stuck with a player like that. Come on y’all. Trae isn’t the problem with this franchise. Stars don’t grow on trees. Trae is the most relevant player the hawks have in 30 years and it’s nuts how quickly people want to give up on him. Do people want the hawks to be irrelevant again?

with that being said, this game continues the trend of the starters playing like absolute garbage with the exception of Bey. Trae had an absolute stinker that basically cost us the game. When Trae has a bad game…it’s absolutely horrid. I thought JC had his shot back but I guess he proved me wrong, good for him. JC and Capela gotta go this offseason. This is embarrassing. This team keeps losing games that they are supposed to take seriously, but I knew that watching the season.

6th seed is dead in the water, 7th seed may be dead in the water. Goal is just to keep the 8th seed and go into the playoffs. Rather go into the playoffs and get swept then lose in the playin because the vibes are much better losing in the playoffs…I hope this team is better next season

Edit: the main issue is not Trae but is the fact that the only good perimeter defender on this team is Hunter and Hunter has to do so much on this team. So many problems on this team come from the roster construction. We should’ve resigned Delon Wright, and we gotta get some defensive wings next season. That will fix our perimeter issues. 

Bad contract because his pay is of a superstar but his impact is of a high end role player. He would be perfect making 25 million with his impact being on Clint Capela level. 

Trae is an elite playmaker. But he got way too many offensive issues that show this year more than previous years with Kevin and Bogi. Defensively, he was the WOAT and at times this year he was. Although he's been miles better on that end this year. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1