• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early (but not too early) 2023 off-season wishlist

sturt

2 hours ago, sturt said:

My proposal is Bey and #15 and salary filler in the form of Bruno and Mathews (ends up almost the same to the dollar).

No guarantees, but any deal you make is a calculated risk regardless.

Any one of those things would be an overpay, but the proposal includes both?  Eep.  Simply not a risk I'm willing to bet on.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Any one of those things would be an overpay

I disagree (obviously) but what do I know.

Then again, also, that you don't appear to assign any serious value to this 21 year-old is it's own commentary on why you'd come to that conclusion, right? 🙂

Right.

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

I disagree (obviously) but what do I know.

Then again, also, that you don't appear to assign any serious value to this 21 year-old is it's own commentary on why you'd come to that conclusion, right? 🙂

Right.

Nah, I can smell a bust when I see one. 🙂

Patrick Williams will be a longtime nba player but I don't see much more than a low-reserve player there, at best. Not giving up assets to get him.  

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, call it a nervous tic.  Happens to the best of us. 

You're saying I make you nervous? Well, I do have that effect, I suppose.

• Moderators
On 5/27/2023 at 9:33 PM, sturt said:

Fail.

While the return package ordinarily might be attractive, not so for a team in win-now mode.

And. They're not giving up on DJM so fast.

And. Are they ready to move JC? It's the easy assumption. Never say never. But it's a movie we've obviously seen, and seen, and seen... and ends the same way.

But compliments that, at least, they're talking about the one team in the league that would be a genuine option for that kind of deal--ie, two major salaries in return.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:04 AM, h4wkfan said:

Looks loosely like something I mentioned a week or so ago, but that Houston package was getting routed to BKN for Bridges.  

Yeah, I can't see us moving DM other than in a package that is designed to help us win now like a trade that ultimately ends up with Bridges here.  I do have questions about the fit between Trae and DM so I hope Landry is at least exploring the art of the possible even if he isn't actively shopping Dejounte.  (DM wasn't as effective defensively with both of them on the floor as I anticipated and it remains to be seen if the "my turn, your turn" was more a reflection of Nate or of a limitation that prevents them from collaborating more effectively.)

• Like 2

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, AHF said:

"my turn, your turn" was more a reflection of Nate or of a limitation that prevents them from collaborating more effectively

That system has to go.    One thing we know for sure is that when Trae is the primary orchestrator on offense then we do great things.  A secondary playmaker is needed when the D forces it.  But just taking turns is not winning bball. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Yeah, I can't see us moving DM other than in a package that is designed to help us win now like a trade that ultimately ends up with Bridges here.  I do have questions about the fit between Trae and DM so I hope Landry is at least exploring the art of the possible even if he isn't actively shopping Dejounte.  (DM wasn't as effective defensively with both of them on the floor as I anticipated and it remains to be seen if the "my turn, your turn" was more a reflection of Nate or of a limitation that prevents them from collaborating more effectively.)

That’s where I am. If Quinn believes he can make it work - I’d like to keep Murray. 

if he doesn’t or thinks there is a better fit - then he would support making a move for a win now player … not something that won’t make us better. 

I don’t even know what players I want anymore. I mean I kinda do but I’m turning into one of those old fart heads that lectures and “the system” and “doing things the right way with player development” and “why not just work with the players you have to make them better”….

I dunno, maybe it’s the end of another season that resulting in us not hoisting the Larry O’Brien. 

But…

It could be worse. We could not have Trae. Then what? I might be a dreamer but with Trae I feel like we have a shot. 

We will win a ring 💍 by 2030. That’s the “Prime Trae” window. 6-7 years to get this thing done at all cost. 

• Premium Member
On 6/2/2023 at 12:56 AM, sturt said:

My proposal is Bey and #15 and salary filler in the form of Bruno and Mathews (ends up almost the same to the dollar).

Are-you-crazy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Sadly.. I think that Bey is better and has better upside than PWill. 

PWill is another Hunter. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

PWill is another Hunter. 

This is insulting to Hunter.  PWIII has to make several leaps to get on Hunters level.  And I'm not one of our resident Hunter apologists.  Williams has been a bust for them, but folks see the size and potential and ignore that fact. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Bey is 24 years old. I love the guy, I really do. If he were 21, I might hold out some substantiated hope that he could become a two-way player. At 24, I'm not shutting down the idea, but for obvious reasons, reason for optimism is eroding.

Williams is 21 years old. And by most any neutral observers' account, he is a legit two-way player right here right now today. He's just not been "the guy" in CHI.

Let those with willing eyes see and willing eyes hear... and those that don't, oh well.

So, look, dismissiveness isn't an argument. It's just dismissiveness. If you want to take me on regarding acquiring P-Dub effectively, you're going to have to argue directly and compellingly with the substance of what I've outlined...

2023-06-03_09-36-25.png

• Premium Member

Thought about creating another thread for this, but since it's smoke instead of fire, might be premature to call very much attention to it. Just gonna say... in my reading legit HOU and CHI media this morning, there's palpable enthusiasm that the Rockets and Bulls could be intent on, in my best Brando voice, "making an offer Landry can't refuse" (quotes mine)... for... Dejounte. Not going so far as to suggest what the return package would look like, but only that there is a definite perception that a deal will get explored.

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Thought about creating another thread for this, but since it's smoke instead of fire, might be premature to call very much attention to it. Just gonna say... in my reading legit HOU and CHI media this morning, there's palpable enthusiasm that the Rockets and Bulls could be intent on, in my best Brando voice, "making an offer Landry can't refuse" (quotes mine)... for... Dejounte. Not going so far as to suggest what the return package would look like, but only that there is a definite perception that a deal will get explored.

Links?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DS5 said:

Links?

Again, nothing spectacular here... but for HOU, there's the beat writer from The Athletic...

https://theathletic.com/4550522/2023/05/25/rockets-nba-draft-pick-trade-2023

And for CHI, there's the USA Today Bulls writer...

https://bullswire.usatoday.com/lists/chicago-bulls-zach-lavine-trades-demar-derozan/

Oh... and this is meaningless given the source, but makes for interesting fodder nonetheless...

https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/06/01/nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-atlanta-hawks-dejounte-murray-demar-derozan-zach-lavine-nikola-vucevic-trae-young-bold-scenario/3/