• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early (but not too early) 2023 off-season wishlist

sturt

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Wretch said:

I'll say this for the record.  I would not trade AJ for anything.  Nada.  It would take an absolutely mind-blowing blockbuster for me to consider it and I'll die on that hill.   

So... could that "sniper" be in-house after all?

I mean, when I think about that term, our bench has Sniper 1 (BogBog), Sniper 2 (Bey) and Sniper 3 (AJ)... all of those have history that affirm they are capable of wearing out another team in Kyle Korver-like fashion.

Could it be that it's really more that the starting line-up needs to become more fluid from game to game?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

I imagine some would say Ayton

Only in theory, though.

It's like saying DeAndre could be at the difference-making level for SFs.

Plenty of reason to believe it's possible. We see the skills. We see flashes.

But until there are consistent results, it's only a theory.

Upgrading either PF or C in the offseason with someone who can play next to OO and off of Trae should be priority #1. Just to get an idea of the player pool, I searched on 2K for PF/C who fit the following criteria:

• Max age 29
  • Minimum height 6'10"
  • 3PT scoring B or better
  • Post defense B or better

We need spacing, height, interior D, and someone who fits our timeline. Here are your options. I left off guys like Jokic and Sabonis who obviously aren't getting traded.

• Embiid
  • Porzingis
  • KAT
  • Myles Turner
  • Bobby Portis
  • Wendell Carter
  • Jusuf Nurkic
  • Zach Collins
  • Mo Bamba

Obviously 2K isn't the perfect way to do this lol, but it's the most time efficient with work/life. I know it's controversial and not the popular opinion, but I really like Porzingis.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Hawks have $162 million in guaranteed contracts, plus an additional 4 unguaranteed contracts for $12 million. Total salary $174 million.

Guaranteed Contracts: $162 million
1. Trae
2. DJ (extension eligible for up to 140% of current contract)
3. Dre
4. JC
5. CC
6. Bogi
7. OO (extension eligible)
8. JJ
9. Bey (extension eligible)
10. AJ

11. Bruno

Unguaranteed Contracts: $12 million
12.  Vit
13. Tyrese
14. Garrison

Two-Way Players: 

Trent Forest and Donovan Williams

Free Agent: Aaron Holiday

2 Picks: #15 and #46

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

not many bad ass bigs as Cooooonin was talking about in the radio

Yep.

Think more conventionally will have to hope Lively is available at #15 on draft night.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

1. It's not enough, but it's huge.

2. Between Bey, AJ and BogBog, you've got some weapons there. And there's reason to believe Jalen will improve, given how he's shot from the arc at Duke (44.4%) and College Park (36.7%).

The trick might be less about adding new shooters, more about better incorporating what you've got more effectively... and again, your new head coach seems to believe he has some ways of improving spacing and all that.

3. Needle on defense, indeed, is a first priority... it's why I said what I said in the OP.

4. Prefacing what I'm about to say--I remain bullish on Hunter. I still believe. I don't want to move him.

That said, there is an argument for moving Hunter, based both on what you would find you can get back in return, and on the fact he hasn't ascended yet to the expectations of a 4th pick of an NBA draft. No one getting 25-30 minutes a game has more delta between his perceived capacity for performance and his actual performance. And the clock is ticking now that he's got several seasons under his belt and now that he's been relatively healthy... he needs to emerge as a player worthy of ASG consideration.

• Like 1

This is going to hurt me to say because i like the dude so much.  But i think the main guy i need to see gone is Capela.  We need to replace him with a very good stretch 5 imo.  I think him clogging the paint so much with no offense is killing not only Trae but also Collins offense.   Collins before clint came was a legit 20+/10+ guy because he had room to work down there and could stay active.    If you look at his numbers every year from since clint came to now they have went down and down every single year.   I already know that Clint being down low so often murders Trae's offense because it keeps to many defenders on him when he tries to drive or go in for floaters around the basket.  While also clogging up kick out lanes for Trae to pass to.  I think this is what causes alot of Trae's turnover problems as well.

If you could get a good rebounding stretch 5 like  Sabonis, Turner, KAT, or a player of that type i think this team would flourish.   Would still need to 100% surround trae with Shooters and defensive off ball players though.   Hunter, Collins, Jalen,  Bey, and AG are all quality players that can do this.  Murray and Bogi not so much they are on ball guys quite a bit although Bogi has a quick grab and release so he is salvagable as a off ball guy as well. 

So i guess in the end Murray and Capela would be the 2 guys i would move this offseason to try and free up cap space and upgrade to a even better star or scheme fit.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Only if it’s Evan…

:batman:

Is Myles Turner not a good 3 point shooter or am i thinking of someone else?  For some reason i thought he was a pretty good shooter at range and was a legit stretch 5.  Wonder who im thinking of then lol

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Dismiss this idea that Clint is the problem with clearing the paint. (Nor, for that matter, is Yeka the problem.)

As long as your 4s are adequate outside shooting threats--and of course, it's so much more likely that you can obtain a 4 who is that than a 5--that's not a problem.

Indeed, as suggested in the 804 days thread from yesterday, Clint is among the most important assets on the team because of the maturity he brings in addition to the fact that he's a top 10 rim protector. And on the offense side, he's proved capable of being a night-in-night-out double-double machine.

Main reason you would deal Clint is salary. He's now eclipsing the $20m mark, and the team is in a place where that's a significant consideration.

10 hours ago, Threezus said:

Is Myles Turner not a good 3 point shooter or am i thinking of someone else?  For some reason i thought he was a pretty good shooter at range and was a legit stretch 5.  Wonder who im thinking of then lol

No it’s Myles but they been pushing him to us for a minute now. Is he still in Indy? He’s like JC it feels like he’s been on the trade block since he started.

• Like 2