• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Early (but not too early) 2023 off-season wishlist

sturt

48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No it’s Myles but they been pushing him to us for a minute now. Is he still in Indy? He’s like JC it feels like he’s been on the trade block since he started.

He's basically Indiana John (Collins).

And I don't know if you've ever seen an Indiana John movie, but they're pretty predictable.

Seriously though, as you said, he's been on the block for 5 years with no real traction.  If he's as good as his stats say he should be, why's IND always (a) bad and (b) tryna trade him? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No it’s Myles but they been pushing him to us for a minute now. Is he still in Indy? He’s like JC it feels like he’s been on the trade block since he started.

Before we traded for Clint 3 years ago, I think he was a potential target.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2023 at 10:01 AM, sturt said:

So... could that "sniper" be in-house after all?

I mean, when I think about that term, our bench has Sniper 1 (BogBog), Sniper 2 (Bey) and Sniper 3 (AJ)... all of those have history that affirm they are capable of wearing out another team in Kyle Korver-like fashion.

Could it be that it's really more that the starting line-up needs to become more fluid from game to game?

Once again, inclined to agree with you.  Where our opinion diverge may be the starting lineup.  I feel like we need better shooting from Collins to make it work with Capela or one of them has to be dealt.  I also feel just as strongly about a sniper being in the starting lineup.  If Hunter is that guy, we're solid...but he's going to need to focus exclusively on that role if he's on the floor with Trae and DJM (obviously, mismatches, movement, etc. notwithstanding).  We simply don't need another isolation player working between them.

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Brook Lopez is the most logical fit to me.  Free agent, Bucks can’t go crazy trying to re-sign him, championship and veteran experience, spaces the floor, plays defense, and can control the boards even without grabbing them. 

Were you and @kg01 sharing ideas again in the back o da sac drinking 🍹 and scheming. I heard this brother of mascot annoyer and cryer at the 2009 draft cuz he slipped to the Bobwhores has been doin woik up in there with Bud in a weird lab 🧪 in Milwaukee. Ya, ok I’m in, how much? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Brook Lopez is the most logical fit to me.  Free agent, Bucks can’t go crazy trying to re-sign him, championship and veteran experience, spaces the floor, plays defense, and can control the boards even without grabbing them. 

Seconded.  I think Brook would fit in with us like a glove.  I just don't see him leaving Milwaukee though.  IF Bud gets canned, I think the possibility he leaves increases, however.

16 hours ago, Threezus said:

Is Myles Turner not a good 3 point shooter or am i thinking of someone else?  For some reason i thought he was a pretty good shooter at range and was a legit stretch 5.  Wonder who im thinking of then lol

In a vacuum, Turner would make a lot of sense... he has the skills we need in a big, imo.  HOWEVER, the dude makes over $35 million a year and is ridiculously injury prone.  I personally wouldn't touch him.

Edit:  Actually, I may have misspoke.  Looks like he made $35m in 2022-23 but the salary drops down to ~$20m over the next two years... that definitely makes it much more palatable to me.

Edited by Phunkabilly

Can we somehow get Brook Lopez, Kyle Anderson and Jaylen Brown?

Young
DJM
JB
Anderson
Lopez

Good to great defensive team with great scoring from the backcourt.

My other dream scenario is Giannis requesting/forcing a trade to the Hawks.

Edited by theheroatl

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Were you and @kg01 sharing ideas again in the back o da sac drinking 🍹 and scheming. I heard this brother of mascot annoyer and cryer at the 2009 draft cuz he slipped to the Bobwhores has been doin woik up in there with Bud in a weird lab 🧪 in Milwaukee. Ya, ok I’m in, how much? 

Nah, he very clearly stole my idea.  Last time ma$e had a neat idea, was his combination gas grill/backyard sauna.  That idea was smokin'.  *ahem*  That was 'smokin', ladies and gentlemen.   Is this thing on?

4 hours ago, Threezus said:

Myles and Brook are 2 guys i would for sure like going after i think at this point. 

It's a hard pass on Brooks even before his performance(sic) this postseason.  His rep seems ok but his reality is a guy that shoots too much, is ineffective at it, and leads the league in total fouls (look it up) while masquerading as a plus defender - which he's not.

As I've said the past 4+ years, if Turner was as good as his stats and random good games suggest he is, (a) he wouldn't be constantly on the trade block and (b) IND wouldn't be the middle-at-best team they've been throughout his career there. 

• Haha 1

Other than Ayton….I wouldn’t mind the possibility of getting Portzingis.

im sure I’m misspelled his name but you guys know who I’m referring to. Kristaps had his best nba season this year and was actually good defensively around the goal.

• Like 2

Keepers

Trae/DJM/Hunter/?/OO

?/AJ/Bey/JJ/?

We need to fill 3 slots and our trade pieces should be Capela/Collins and Bogi.

Trade targets that fit:

Frontcourt players that fit: Ayton, Siakam, KAT, Bamba as trade targets.

Backourt players: Delon Wright, ??

Upgrades web should pursue at allí cost Jaylen Brown, Mikal Bridges, 

Draft targets: Lively III

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTB said:

Other than Ayton….I wouldn’t mind the possibility of getting Portzingis....

Wait, who? 🤓

Seriously though, that's not as bad an idea as some may think.  Now that he seems to be healthy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Wait, who? 🤓

Seriously though, that's not as bad an idea as some may think.  Now that he seems to be healthy.

Defenses have to respect his outside shooting. At the very least he spaces the floor, when we desperately need. 

• Like 1

I don't understand how we would get Brook Lopez.  Isn't he a free agent and we have zero capspace?  So either the Bucks would resign him or he goes to a team that has room to give him a contract.  Why would the Bucks do a sign and trade with a piece that is vital to their team construction?

I think the top of my wishlist is Siakam, but not sure we have enough to reasonably acquire him.  We're gonna need to be creative and make some big decisions about our starters and bench. 

One thing about this offseason is everyone is signed.  Any change we make would have to involve a trade.  

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wait, who? 🤓

But he was playing hard for a new contract. Once he gets it it’s back to stiff neck unicorn 🦄 on the pine 🌲.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JTB said:

Other than Ayton….I wouldn’t mind the possibility of getting Portzingis.

im sure I’m misspelled his name but you guys know who I’m referring to. Kristaps had his best nba season this year and was actually good defensively around the goal.

Porzingis is the ideal fit imo. Top 10 in blocks per game this past year and shot over 38% from 3. If he can stay healthy. Which is a big IF though so I get why people are apprehensive about it.

But he's also 7'3" so gives us the size we need since Trae, DJ, and OO are all a little undersized.

He impressed me in our matchup this year. Pretty sure he went for 40+.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Porzingis is the ideal fit imo. Top 10 in blocks per game this past year and shot over 38% from 3. If he can stay healthy. Which is a big IF though so I get why people are apprehensive about it.

But he's also 7'3" so gives us the size we need since Trae, DJ, and OO are all a little undersized.

He impressed me in our matchup this year. Pretty sure he went for 40+.

I also think we can get him without giving up DJ which is key to me since I also want to bring in Jaylen Brown this offseason or next.

If you trade for KAT, you can kiss DJ goodbye and probably any chance at getting JB.

• Like 1

Hawks fans cried for several years because we had no PG and no center.  Trae and Capela came on board and we began to look like a team again.  

Capela has gone down hill a bit and many here are looking to move him.  Porzingis would be, in my opinion, a very good replacement if we move Capela.

Hawks do have a draft pick or two this summer.  It's going to be an interesting off season, isn't it.

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I also think we can get him without giving up DJ which is key to me since I also want to bring in Jaylen Brown this offseason or next.

If you trade for KAT, you can kiss DJ goodbye and probably any chance at getting JB.

The problem is any trade for a star or top 50 player will cost us another one like Murray. Ideally, would we love to do a deal with Boston where we keep Murray as well but that's not gonna be easy at all.