Spud’s favorite 2023 prospect for Hawks

Spud2nique

Spud:  If he's this good he will not last until we get there to draft him.  He will be gone.  

Hawks need shooting and this prospect seems to fill the bill.  If we're voting, I vote with you!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:GO ATL HAWKS !!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Spud:  If he's this good he will not last until we get there to draft him.  He will be gone.  

That’s true Gramps but a lotta talent around 1-15 everywhere you look so I checked out a few mocks and added up the total and took a mean of the 5 mocks . 73 divided by the 5 mocks=14.6  We pick at 15. 

Peep 👀 the mocks gramps.

IMG_7505.jpeg

IMG_7504.jpeg

IMG_7503.jpeg

IMG_7502.jpeg

IMG_7501.jpeg

• Like 2

Spud record in drafts:

2018: Luka/Mikal Bridges/Bagley

2019: CCCK(Culver/Cam/Clarke/Kabengele)

2020: Onyeka Okongwu/Devin Vassell

2021: Trey Murphy III/ Cam Thomas

2022: AJ Griff

Hit on Cam, OO, and AJ being Hawk picks.

My track record is not bad. :facts2:

JORDAN HAWKINS

(Already has HAWK in his name) :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Spud record in drafts:

2018: Luka/Mikal Bridges/Bagley

2019: CCCK(Culver/Cam/Clarke/Kabengele)

2020: Onyeka Okongwu/Devin Vassell

2021: Trey Murphy III/ Cam Thomas

2022: AJ Griff

Hit on Cam, OO, and AJ being Hawk picks.

My track record is not bad. :facts2:

JORDAN HAWKINS

(Already has HAWK in his name) :sarcastic:

Kidding aside, your track record ain't bad.

Eta.  I know some dudes who hit on far fewer than you, but walk around here like they're eggsperts. 

I want you to admit Kabengale is a bust tho. 🤓

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cannot argue with this.

I will say with AJ on the roster as a SG it’s a long shot we draft or get Hawkins but he’s my fav prospect around our pick at 15. 

Maybe I can be the Billy Knigjt of shooting guards 🤣 

• Like 4

I know.  The post season is still in full swing.  When will these "other" things begin to take place?

Free agency.

Trades.

The Draft.

Things that we on the Squawk can get excited over.  The stuff that has a tendency to change what our roster will look like next season.  Who stays?  Who goes?  Trade or release?  Let them go?  Hold on tight?

😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The Draft.

Haliburton… a hit.. Mark Will… coming fast… whose next gramps? In those respective drafts I went OO and AJ (who went one pick after Mark coincidentally). 

I think all 4 dudes are solid.

I went with Hawkins based on BPA (around 15ish; things change if we move around) but taking him as a SG, feels like it crowds AJ and others. No playing time unless G league of selected.

So, @Gray Mulegramps, do you have a particular prospect in this draft? I’ll be honest I didn’t watch a lot of college ball but rather study tape 🎞️ and watch to see if it translates to the pro game. Good times.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey @marco102 you and I … and @kg01  :huh: All had AJ, curious who ya got this year between the 10-25 prospect range I guess, or in our neighborhood of the pick?

I haven't kept up with the draft like normal. I'm going to really dig in and start looking at prospects in the next couple of weeks. I hope work slows down so I can see who fits best.

I like the following in no order of preference.

1. GG Jackson

2. Dereck Lively

3. Dariq Whitehead

4. Nick Smith Jr.

5. Taylor Hendricks

6. Leonard Miller

7.  Brice Sensabaugh

Who are you liking @Spud2nique?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Who are you liking @Spud2nique?

This was my initial list.

2023 Draft prospect favs

15th pick Hawks

Brice Sensabaugh SF 

Jett Howard SG 

Jalen hood schifino 

Jordan Hawkins 

Kris Murray 

Dereck Lively 

GG jackson

Maxwell Lewis 

• Like 1

My fav though is Jordan Hawkins but like I said, he’s a shooting guard, we got Bogi and AJ already and they are both most likely staying but I’d still go BPA, I don’t wanna miss out on a great player because we were deep at the position at the time of drafting, that’s crap, BPA, watch his tapes @marco102 he’s got that NBA game and he flys off screens and nails shots, he reads screen really well, I liken his offense to a Rip or Klay, he dribbles waaay better than Klay that fool can’t dribble but both come off screens gunning and we need that, we only have Bogi for that and AJ is in the wings waiting for his turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depending on who we keep and who we trade away must be considered.  Also, who has already been taken when our turn comes.  If we shuffle the center position then I want the Hawks to draft Dereck Lively II who is very young, but has a knack for defense and is a 7' 1" center from Duke.

If the Hawks keep Capela, 0017 and Bruno, they have no room for him.  We don't know who they plan to keep.  Our draft pick must depend somewhat on so many other things.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I haven't gotten into the draft prospects just yet.  With Griffin and Johnson on the roster, I'm not sure the Hawks will be using this pick instead of trading it.

With our cap situation as it currently stands, I think it's important to have low salaried players with potential like AJ and JJ.  Knowing how drafts go, there is usually a player or two that falls out of the lottery.. Hawks are at the ideal spot to take advantage.  

If the Hawks do trade the pick it will be at or after the draft. I don't see it happening before the draft.

• Like 3