• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 when’s your birthday 🥳 again? Regardless I have your gift 🎁. Ok close your eyes 👀, everybody else not named @kg01 can peep 👀 the 🎁!

Adam Silver 🐍 sold separately… :batman:

IMG_8102.jpeg

Ohhhh, that's not funny.  All I can hear is Mike Breen ... "Bang!"

Wow that's brutal.  But he brought it on himself. 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I didn’t realize he was left handed 

We're all laughing, and rightfully so.  But the guy A Smith had some disturbing things to say about the 'stuff' A Sliver allegedly has on Morant.  Although I'm sure he was being a little extra, sounds like folks are seriously concerned about the guy.  How stupid is all this?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

How stupid is all this?

He was pretty stupid before all the gun stuff. I dunno man I honestly think this kid got issues for real.

A couple years ago when playing the Warriors, I saw him give Draymond a look, I can only describe it as.. psycho.. like just a look where he had no feeling inside his body. I know, maybe it’s all an act but whatever it is he better quickly get his $hit straight..

Oh and here is proof he was crazy before..

IMG_8101.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He was pretty stupid before all the gun stuff. I dunno man I honestly think this kid got issues for real.

A couple years ago when playing the Warriors, I saw him give Draymond a look, I can only describe it as.. psycho.. like just a look where he had no feeling inside his body. I know, maybe it’s all an act but whatever it is he better quickly get his $hit straight..

Oh and here is proof he was crazy before..

IMG_8101.jpeg

I think he has some kind of weird social media disorder.  Like he created an avatar and is trying to bring it into the real world.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

I think the same thing happened to Stiff Bayless. 

Being in the public eye non stop will mess with a persons head.

Even Giannis talked about being depressed once and almost walking away from it all. 

Some people can’t handle the pressure, others feed in to the attention and create these personas as a way to influence public opinion about them.

It’s nearly impossible to just be “normal” with the amount of fame they have.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Being in the public eye non stop will mess with a persons head.

Even Giannis talked about being depressed once and almost walking away from it all. 

Some people can’t handle the pressure, others feed in to the attention and create these personas as a way to influence public opinion about them.

It’s nearly impossible to just be “normal” with the amount of fame they have.

"Attention" is the worst drug of them all. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Confused.  When McMillan got fired, everybody spoke of him as if he's a great HC candidate. 

Well now that all 30 teams had the chance to hire him, I guess it's a huge bidding war no? 

Should I wait for the woj bomb? 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

everybody spoke of him as if he's a great HC candidate

Wha? Who is "everybody?" I mean, I don't monitor all the NBA media maybe that some around here do, but I monitor some... honestly didn't hear even one suggestion that Demon Nate, as he's known around here, should expect to be the focus of a "huge bidding war."

Strawman?

Or am I just not paying attention.

Sobriety being a goal, I've never suggested Demon Nate would be or even should be at the top of anyone's rumor mill or shopping list.

And thirty teams all having fired their head coach, and none of them having interviewed him, though... yeah, that's compelling. He isn't called Demon Nate for nothin.

KLMeI6uRPM=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Dead horse.

41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wha? Who is "everybody?" I mean, I don't monitor all the NBA media maybe that some around here do, but I monitor some... honestly didn't hear even one suggestion that Demon Nate, as he's known around here, should expect to be the focus of a "huge bidding war."

Strawman?

Or am I just not paying attention.

Sobriety being a goal, I've never suggested Demon Nate would be or even should be at the top of anyone's rumor mill or shopping list.

And thirty teams all having fired their head coach, and none of them having interviewed him, though... yeah, that's compelling. He isn't called Demon Nate for nothin.

KLMeI6uRPM=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Dead horse.

You gotta keep up with the twisting, turning agenda ball, stu.  When he was fired, the prevailing narrative was that a certain player coach-killed him.  To bolster the narrative, the eggsperts and jaded fans needed to paint the picture that McMillan invented coaching and that any player bucking against him is crazy.

Does that help interpret my post better? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You gotta keep up with the twisting, turning agenda ball, stu.  When he was fired, the prevailing narrative was that a certain player coach-killed him.  To bolster the narrative, the eggsperts and jaded fans needed to paint the picture that McMillan invented coaching and that any player bucking against him is crazy.

Does that help interpret my post better? 

Two things, nay three, can be true at the same time, my friend.

1. National media enjoy demonizing Trae.

2. Don't know that I ever read that conflict b/t Demon Nate and Demon Trae single-handedly was to blame for the change, but okay, it was routinely mentioned as a major factor, I'll give you that.

3. I never read anyone, quite honestly, who suggested Demon Nate was going to be a hot commodity in the job market. Not once. But that's just me.

So, far be it for me to be able to change anyone's opinion here about Demon Nate. Bald man, bad. But at a lower rung, maybe some will at least be sober enough to only criticize Demon Nate for what has actually  been true about the man.

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Two things, nay three, can be true at the same time, my friend.

1. National media enjoy demonizing Trae.

2. Don't know that I ever read that conflict b/t Demon Nate and Demon Trae single-handedly was to blame for the change, but okay, it was routinely mentioned as a major factor, I'll give you that.

3. I never read anyone, quite honestly, who suggested Demon Nate was going to be a hot commodity in the job market. Not once. But that's just me.

So, far be it for me to be able to change anyone's opinion here about Demon Nate. Bald man, bad. But at a lower rung, maybe some will at least be sober enough to only criticize Demon Nate for what has actually  been true about the man.

On your 3, again, you gotta follow the bouncing agenda ball stu.

It's not that anyone claimed he'd be sought after.  The counter to the 'ah Trae just fired anotha one' narrative was that irobot deserved to be gone, based on his own merit.  And that, if these people think he's so great, then why aren't teams lined up to sign him?

The radio silence w.r.t. him getting hired, I venture, is evidence against the coach killer narrative. 

This stuff is really complicated, stu, but I'm happy to hold a class on the subject.  Just $19.99 for the first minute.  For the rest, well just write out a blank check and wait for the surprise. 😎

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's not that anyone claimed he'd be sought after.  The counter to the 'ah Trae just fired anotha one' narrative was that irobot deserved to be gone, based on his own merit.  And that, if these people think he's so great, then why aren't teams lined up to sign him?

The radio silence w.r.t. him getting hired, I venture, is evidence against the coach killer narrative. 

This stuff is really complicated, stu, but I'm happy to hold a class on the subject.  Just $19.99 for the first minute.  For the rest, well just write out a blank check and wait for the surprise. 😎

See, I get that... the focus of your comment is not actually Demon Nate, but the demonic media who, in essence, used a situation (again) to take shots at Trae.

But, inherently, you have to drag Demon Nate into it, and while taking a (nother) whack at him isn't really the intent, it happens. That's understood, since you wouldn't even be attempting the point if, in fact, Demon Nate were a hot commodity.

You're welcome to that campaign in the macro. I'm only taking issue with how you've chosen in this instance to push it. Demon Nate ought not be Demon Nate. Beating incessantly on our departed head coaches is something we traditionally do.

But I stand by the claim there should be some limits.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, AHF said:

calls

Right.

And while mine is, ironically enough, tongue buried deep in cheek... the ubiquitous use of the term by you and others here is very loud, yet very implicit and chronically insinuated. Oh, it's "happened" alright, make no mistake.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You fell in the 🕳️ again? #shitstuho 

Climb out, ish is like quicksand.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2