• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Colonel Schlenk a Wiz

Spud2nique

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's a gain for them but they have some fundamental flaws imo.  We'll see if he'll be able to effect change. 

Different reaction that me. My initial reaction:

He said he wanted to retire didn’t he? He’s a real butthole. -Spud

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

I think Travis did what was best for him and his resume'.   It's a good look if he can help revive a Washington Wizard's team.  I still believe that they get Ujiri in as the GM.  They just made that a little more difficult. 

• Like 1

Travis Schlenk sucked. He is not a major loss for the Hawks. Maybe he learned something and will do better next time. 

I wouldn't count on it.

Reddish was a bust... OO is only decent so far. Hunter is just an OK 3d player. Luka has his issues also, but Travis still made the lesser pick.

I know that doesn't cover everything, but he wasn't very good here.

Edited by Plainview1981

Good for him, I'm happy with what he built here but I think the new front office is better then him just in what they have done by hiring Quinn and getting Bey.

I think it was a good move to go on from him even if it was messy for a few weeks. We are in better hands now

Edited by swanlee

Well congrats to the Zards.... they've screwed up so many lottery picks the last several years. Schlenk won't let that happen. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a division rival to get revenge on the Ressler's. 

And for the record, I've got nothing but respect and gratefulness toward Travis. He was even better than Ferry IMO, because Ferry sucked at drafting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, shakes said:

where are all the dummies who said he wasn't fired, he was stepping back to spend more time with his family?

wltr.gif   It's Friday 3:30. Shouldn't you be at some comedy club already, getting yourself sauced and prepared to heckle the warm-up act?

More seriously, some of us believed, and still believe, there was a family health issue... not just "spend more time with his family" because he was/is such a great family guy... but we were told from a reliable source that. (How much impact that had on the timing of it remains a legit question, but yeah, that writing evidently was already well carved into the wall.)

And more seriously, we already covered this ground way back when Antony Peter did his Save Nick's Reputation media tour mid-season... when he came out publicly for the first time and admitted he isn't above purposely misleading people when it serves his sense of his own self-interest... just not in those words, of course. But thanks goes out to AJC and Athletic employees who asked those uncomfortable questions.

I believe we all get to choose to go through life inclined to believe the best of people or the worst of people... and that choice can't help but have ripple effects on the rest of ourselves. That to say, I'm very comfortable with being called a dummy by certain people... people I really and truly feel bad for.

• Premium Member

Slightly surprised now that I think of it... that TS didn't end up somewhere back in GSW's organization chart... particularly now that there seems to be some openings. But, I can understand the preference to go somewhere that they're not objectively on the downhill part of a franchise's most celebrated era.

9 hours ago, warcore said:

Terribly uninformed take here....

He was PUSHED AWAY for some BS.

Do you.  I was only half kidding.  What bs was it that forced him out? The owners son? Disagreement about personnel? He's no longer a hawk, I'm informed enough not to give a crap.

Btw..the bs was about the Wizards😂😂😂

Edited by deester11

• Moderators
12 hours ago, deester11 said:

Do you.  I was only half kidding.  What bs was it that forced him out? The owners son? Disagreement about personnel? He's no longer a hawk, I'm informed enough not to give a crap.

Btw..the bs was about the Wizards😂😂😂

He was let go so he could be replaced by Landry (with the owner's son taking a more prominent role along with Kyle Korver).  Basically the proverbial "change in direction."  When that happens, it is usually met with a press release about the person leaving to spend time with their family or to generically pursue other opportunities as a polite way of saying they were fired.  

Anyone who thought he did a terrible job as GM (as some did) is certainly fine to hold that against him, but my personal view is that he did an excellent job and was one of the better GMs the Hawks have had in my lifetime.  Even if I didn't think so, I would still generally wish him well in his next job just like I do with Nate and Nate's staff even though I was glad we made those changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1