• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Weez.......

KB21

it's the classic flip-flop between two specialties right now, but is looking mroe and more like Pathology right now over anesthesia. I could explain more why if you like ~ yeah, I'm finishing up my last 3rd year rotation right now in pediatrics.

know you're excited dude, wishing you well.

I came across a specialty aptitude test on the UVA medical school website. I don't think it is really a determinant, but the results were interesting.

Based on my answers, my top specialities were nuclear medicine, neurosurgery, and otolaryngology. Otolaryngology is something I'm interested in, but I'm not really that interested in the other two.

My top rated choices by this test were basically all the surgical subspecialties and internal medicine sub-specialties. The lowest rated were family practice, pediatrics, and general internal medicine. I think endocrinology rated very low as well. Pathology actually rated high for me, but I don't know why. To me, patho, anesthesia, and radiology just seem like it would be very boring.

I thought it was interesting, and it basically got one of the two speicialties I'm thinking about. That was otolaryngology. The other specialty I'm really thinking about is orthopaedics.