• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pathway23 has #1 pick.....6pm EST tonight deadline

Admin

Pathway23 you are on the clock with the top pick. Hopefully you know this, but I wanted to make sure that you do. In order to give the next guy as much time as possibly please try and make your pick by 6EST or close to it. Thanks

Here is the rest of the order:

Rules pasted from the site:

Welcome to the 2004 Hawksquawk Mock Draft. Above you will see a list of teams in the order in which the actual draft will be held. I (dolfan23) have assigned each Hawksquawk user to a team randomly (except for one GM since there are 15 participants and only 29 first round selections). As each GM makes their selection on the Hawksquawk Messageboard I will be updating this page and you can check the progress on here throughout the process.

The actual NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 24th. Each GM will have 18 hours to make their selection. If you cannot make your selection in time please email me at jason@layerfx.com.

When making your selection, please reply to the thread in the draft forum on Hawksquawk and be as detailed as possible concerning why you have made your selection for your given team. Please provide the players name, position, and school as well.

1 - 6/1 6pm - Pathway23 (Orlando)

2 - 6/2 noon - Moonknight (LAC)

3 - 6/3 6am - Phoostal (Chicago)

4 - 6/4 midnight - DominiqueWilkins (Charlotte)

5 - 6/4 6pm - Traceman (Washington)

6 - 6/5 noon - DJMoney (Atlanta)

7 - 6/6 6am - ATLien (Phoenix)

8 - 6/7 midnight- Lascar78 (Toronto)

9 - 6/7 6pm - Choro44 (Philadelphia)

10 - 6/8 noon - Diesel (Cleveland)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 7:20 EST right now, about 80 minutes past the cutoff time to make your selection. If you dont make the pick within the next hour or so I am just going to assign Emeka Okafor to the Magic.

Guys I really hope that we arent going to go through this again this year where people volunteer to do the mock draft and dont even show up to make their pick. Its frustrating when I put in many hours building and updating a site and I cant even get people who volunteered to do what they said they would.

Clippers select Dwight Howard out of Southwest Atlanta Christian High School. The Clips have traded the 2nd overall pick in the draft twice in the past and expect to make a trade again. The Clips are deep at the 4 and 5 spots and feel pretty comfortable with the starting frontcourt of Brand at the 4, Kaman at the 5, and Maggette at the 3. But, the Clips will not shy away from selecting Howard because he is the best player available at the 2nd pick even though he will be a 4 or 5 in the NBA. The Hawks, Supersonics, and Jazz among others would love to get their hands on Howard and will make offers to get same. The Clips will sit back and listen to the best offer on the table for Howard. If the Clips decide to pursue Kobe then the Clips will want picks and a team to take back salary for the rights to Howard. If Kobe is not in the FA picture, the the Clips will want a solid pg or 2 guard (if Qrich leaves) plus a high pick in return. Howard could be a combo David Robinson/Garnett type player that many teams will decide they must have.

You have two picks bro. You have Portlands lotto pick and then you also have the last pick in the 1st round. Everybody but DJMoney has 2 picks. You are more than welcome to take Cymans picks though.....its actually nice to hear that someone WANTS to make picks in this thing LOL.

Hey thats cool dont sweat it. Thanks for making your pick Moon. You dont have to wait until its the expiration time to make the pick......I do ask however that the next guy doesnt pick until at least noon tomorrow so that this doesnt go by too fast.

Sorry guys I was at work since 8 am this morning and school afterward, I didn't get back until 10 pm.

With the first pick in the 2004 NBA Draft for the Orlando Magic I was going to select Omeka Okafor, PF, UConn, due to the fact that we lacked defensive presence in the low post, that Tracy McGrady wants to win now, rather than later, hence get the proven talent in Okafor rather than the unproven talent of Howard.

Chicago Bulls Select:

Luol Deng F Duke University

Making up for their past mistakes by selecting Curry and Chandler. The Bulls take a college kid with their third selection. Even though he has only played one year, it's a consenuous that he is considered the best small forward in the draft with star potential. This is a great building block for the future of this franchise. Well, at least until they do something stupid, like they did with Brand.

P

Charlotte is up.

Yeah I could do it, but it would require some reprogramming and I cant do that from work, I would have to wait until I get home.

Do you see the crawl that is scrolling across the top though? That shows who was picked just like it would show on ESPN or something. If thats not sufficient then I could reprogram it a little to change the name of the person to the pick when I get home tonight if I have enough time.

I cant update it until I get home.......but I believe that the 3rd pick isnt actually due until until sometime tomorrow......6am I think. Which leaves until midnight for the 4th pick to be due tomorrow. Plenty of time. No rush this year guys.

Weez I gave you one of Cymans picks so that gives you 3 picks now. I gave the other of Cymans picks to DJMoney so that he has 2 picks like everyone else. DJMoney let me know if thats okay with you. If not I will just give that extra pick to Weez.