• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pathway23 has #1 pick.....6pm EST tonight deadline

Admin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

More interesting.. Is that the person who many of my critics say I should have picked is a SG too. In fact, he's 1 inch shorter and 10 lbs lighter than Smith AND he can't hit three pointers with consistency...

if you would have really read what I stated and have said, I say that Lebron at 6'8 240 is capable of moving to SF and Smith would be available to play SG and unlike Iggy, Smith can spread the floor with his three point shooting.

But again.. It doesn't matter to you because all you care about is trying to be right and by the looks of it you have not paid attention to my reason at all...

How clear does that for you? Lebron is a 1 or a 2. He could probably play point forward, but I dont see that happening and apparently neither does Silas. So, not only do you want to foolishly pick a guy far ahead of his skillset on a team desperate for a productive player, but now you want to put the best player on the team in a new position as well? Wow, talk about being thick headed. This mock draft is not about moving players to new positions or about trading players, its about drafting someone who the team is LIKELY to draft. I tell you what though Diesel, if both Igoudala and JR Smith are available when Cleveland picks and they take JR I will eat every single word I have said about this poor choice.

Oh yeah and just to clarify something you misstated, it is Igoudala who is 1" taller than Smith, not the other way around. Not sure where you are getting the 10 lbs difference either. On NBADraft.net it shows Igoudala to be 3 lbs lighter and its already been said that he has put on at least 10 lbs working out with Grover......I doubt that JR can say that.

• Premium Member

James is closer to a 3 than a 1... That was proven this year... remember when he they had Davis at 2, Miles at 3... That's the experiment that failed.

However, James has the ability to be a 3... No doubt. 6'8 240, he would be one of the bigger 3s in the game. His game is so similar to that of Mashburn... a 3 with ball handling ability. Yes, he can remain a 2 and bully other smaller 2s in the post, but his game is more suited for the three simply because his three point shooting is weak.

You can argue based on neccessity all day.. But James will be a 3 unless Cleveland gets a very good Sf which seems unlikely.

Iggy is 6'5" 205 According to most of what I read. Not 6'7"....

Player Name: Pavel Podzolkine

Position: C

School: International

Reason: Surely everyone has read a wise crack about Danny Ainge his GM “capabilities”, as he has been the target for a lot of jokes.

This pick wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be, as I’ve read he guaranteed the pick to Robert Swift, later on to Johan Petro, Dorell Wright (perhaps still for one of the later picks) and rumors about possibly trading up or using the pick to get Charlotte to take an unwanted contract of their hands (Atkins and LaFrentz come to mind).

However, if the draft would follow suit as it has gone now, Ainge will rejoice and select Pavel Podzolkine. He has size in abundance, good movement for a player his size (7’5”) and a steal at 15. There is still the issue of his pituitary gland, for which he is taking medication but in order to be medically cleared to play in the NBA he’ll have to have a minor surgery. Apparently considered a mild to medium risk which usually means it isn’t a factor.

After all is said and done, Boston will take the best available talent left on the board, in this case also the best available big.