Diesel

• Premium Member

The are so many good one...

In the Line of Fire.

Dirty Harry.

The good, the bad, the ugly.

For a few dollars more.

Hang em' high

A fist full of dollars (now that's a good one).

Absolute power.

Heartbreak ridge

and many others I know you guys probably know, but for know, I cast my vote with:

The brideges of madison county... Just playing...

really...

Unforgiven.

What's your favorite Clint Eastwood movie...

• Admin

just about anything from teh Dirty Harry series. The last one, "the dead pool" kinda sucked. But apart from that, those are all classic badass movies.

When I was younger I wasn't a big fan of his westerns. I can't even remember watching one all the way through. But after I saw Unforgiven, I had to go back and watch them. Unforgiven rocked me. For some reason I had always felt his westerns were kinda cheesy. But everything about Unforgiven rocked, the story, the acting, the cast, I mean c'mon. Eastwood, Freeman and Hackman? You could use those three guys, rearrange them in a variety of ways and make 10 great movies.

But anyway, back on track. After unforgiven I made it a point to go back and watch his old westerns and they were really good. I can see why so many people view them as classics. Good acting, good stories and even some good humor thrown in there.

I have to disagree with hotboy. I didn't find anything repetative about them. I mean they are westerns... guys with guns set in the old west. But beyond that they were all pretty unique with well crafted stories. They're only similar on the surface...which is why I say his taste in movies is WACK smile.gif

• Premium Member

The thing about unforgiven that's so good to me is that there are 2 different modes of stories being told. On the one hand you have Hackman who in a sense seems to be a guy who is not all bad but is ruthless.

You have Eastwood and Freeman who are old bad guys who are out to do a good deed...

It's 2 seperate stories being told...that comes together...

Then after Clint gets that hooch into him.....

all hell breaks loose.... Nice guy no more.

I liked the good the bad and the ugly too. Good story. I think Clint did a few movies with the character named "angel eyes".

I forgot about high plains drifter. That's the one in the mining town right? Was he a preacher or something?

I didn't like dead pool as much as the other dirty harry movies either. I liked the remote control car bomb scene (that was funny).

In the line of fire was a good movie too. I forgot about that one under best villians... If you saw it, you must admit that John Malkovitch (sp) was probably one of the best Villians... the scene where he shot Dillion McDermit (sp) and then saved Clint was pretty good in the context of the movie. I think that the whole romance thing got in the way of a very good movie...

• Admin

You really have no sense of humor at all, do you? geeez...

You're nick is hotlanta, I call you hotboy, A simple play on words, poking a small amount of fun at you. Trying to bring a little light humor into your seemingly gloomy world... and you take offense to it.... GO FIGURE..

but ok, I will look into the mirror....one sec....

ok, I looked. I saw a pretty good looking guy... If I were a girl, I'd definitely want me! I could use a haircut though.... and some SLEEP... Probably not what you were expecting though, eh?

You just need to lighten up a little man. The sky is not falling....life is not all bad. Just because someone tries to joke around with you it doesn't mean their trying to slap you in the face. relax man, relax.... RELAX.....

• Admin

I agree completely on the unforgiven rundown you gave.

I'd forgotten about malkovich. Yah he was a pretty good villian in that one. Very devious. Yah the romance thing hurt it some. Clint was getting pretty old though, which didn't help that aspect of it at all.