? regarding HEALTH- colds

cyman3

well, its the time of the year- where the weather changes, and peop tend to get sick.

anyways, like last-last wednesday (AUG 25) i got sick. mainly sore throat, coughing, headaches, and feelin tired (body soreness/aches). the fact that i slept 3 hours every day didnt help the cause. and at nights, i woke up cuz of my coughs. lotta mucus throughout the week.

anyways, a week passes (the past wednesday)- and im feeling better. however- im still coughing. its been like a week and a half (almost approaching 2 weeks). im not sick anymore, but i occasionally COUGH.

not good, rite?

wat should i do?

this whole time, i didnt go see a doctor thinkin its just a COLD (nothing serious) and that time will fix everything. but i hear coughing for a WHILE is kinda bad.

so for the MED students out there, wat should i do?

I cannot give you any medical advice, as I have no license and don't really know that much.

I will mention that I understand coughs generally persist after any illness that causes mucus buildup in the lungs. If you had a productive, hacking cough during your cold, your lung tissue might have become inflammed. For a week or two, minor irritations would trigger a coughing reflex, so you would have a hacking dry cough. So, that wouldn't be a big deal.

If you actually have infection in your lungs, your cough would most likely be productive and regular, rather than dry and sporadic.

In the second case, seeing a doctor would be necessary, but I can't say which case is yours. crazy.gif

what you likely had was a viral illness (upper respiratory infection), esp. considering that you were without fever. Perhaps added with a twinge of allergies (the changing of the weaterh/seasons is particularly a prime time for this).

the previous post was correct ~ due to the infiltration of your lungs/UR system by your body's own "guardians" (things that break down viruses/bacteria) and the manner in which they a) get there b) destroy foreign bodies...you're left with some residual debris and "crap"...it'll pass, just takes time...