• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chicago Game this Saturday

615Hawk

I live in Chicago again (grew up here but then moved to Atlanta for 30 years and raised my family before moving back six years ago).

I go to see the Hawks play up in Milwaukee (MUCH better seats!) and have tickets for the game against the Bucks in February one row behind the Hawks visitors bench that night (for $250 each) with my son who also lives up here in Chicago now.

But we are pretty tempted to bite the bullet and pay for some nosebleed seats this Saturday (probably $150 each for the crappiest seats in the house - geezus gawd!) to see our Hawks play the Bulls.  

I don't mind spending money to be in the house and having the excitement of seeing the Hawks beat the Bulls on their own home floor (!!!) but spending that much for lousy seats is a drag and I'm not spending $400 each for even half-decent seats.  

What to do ... what to do ...

Edited by LongTimeFan

I have followed this team religiously since I was in 8th grade. I have seen some pretty terrible teams trotted out onto the court of the Highlight Factory and now as a young professional I am finally seeing what it is like to cheer for a winner. I still remember how ecstatic I was looking at hoopshype to confirm that Mike Bibby had been sent to Atlanta and being in the stands when Zaza put KG in his place. As you can see, I have not been a frequent poster to Hawksquawk but since the invention of the iPhone I have always had a tab up in Safari dedicated to the Squawk. I have seen the topics feuded over and discussed from those who wanted Woody to stay to those who say Coach Bud is a better coach than Pop. This weekend I will be making the trip to Chicago to watch my Hawks play the "favorites in the Eastern Conference." Although I am still somewhat in my old Hawks mindset and expecting a let down, I will be cheering as hard as I can for this current squad. For some reason it seems like I have watched this organization go through the ups and downs and I can't help but feel as if I have a little ownership in this team myself. So, heres to a big win on the road, cheers and GO HAWKS!!

Welcome to the Squawk!!!