• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some Predictions

BOShforRoy

Since no one is posting anything today, i'll ask you lovely people(including you Hotlanta) to make some predictions- Here are mine

MVP-Shaquille O'Neal - Will be motivated and ready to dominate the east. Look for miami to be second in the east.

Coach of the year- Bzdelik. Denver will have a good if not great season and Bzdelik will probably get some acclaim. I hope he wins. However i think he will have a close fight with Jerry Sloan.

ROY- OMEKA OKAFOR- He will have plenty of opportuities to to prove himself since he is playing on Charlotte.

All rookie first team

Omeka Okafor

Rafael Araujo

Jameer Nelson

Josh Childress

Ben Gordon(Even though i don't like him in chicago and don't think he will be that good, i think he will score around 13 points a game since crawford isn't there anymore).

as of right now

MVP

- Shaq can have it if he wants it... i think he'll get it. but of course, Garnett and Duncan will give him some competition.

Coach of the year

- Denver or Utah is a safe pick...

ROY

- Okafor is a safe bet as well... hes playing with bunch of scrubs MAJORITY OF THEM who never seen playing time before. he'll get all the minutes he wants. Howard on the other hand has to share the spotlight with Francis, Mobley, etc.

ALL ROOKIE 1st team

- ima wait to list mine... wanna see them play first smile.gif

the thing with Shaq...is that he'll get more "respect" and consideration from the media members now that he's in Miami than he ever did on the heralded laker franchise...and, assuming he doesn't suffer from injury, he'll most likely get the award.

ROY - man, that's a toughie, having not seen them play. As stated, Ok will get a lot of minutes, and do some damage...and just might get the award. He's the SAFE bet, assuming his offense can increase.

Looking at the rest of that "crew"...and just can't see the players a) having enough experience (Livingston and the Clipps...he's going to have to really prove something, his team will have to win

or b) getting the pt/spotlight that they need (even in Chitown, where you got two rooks starting...

Utah's such an easy choice for COY - I'm more inclined to go with VanGundy (stan), though he'll lose some for having Shaq...but these thigns are often based on past year's performance...and he did a GREAT job last year.

Can't do the all-rook team yet...jsut too early, don't even know who's goin to be starting.

Hey Guys, remember that thing called a zone? The rest of the league is going to make it very difficult for the Heat to get the ball to Shaq. That will limit his touches and keep his numbers down. No way he dominates on defense either, especially with no help from the other forwards (Rasual Butler?, Udonis Haslem?).

I'm picking Kobe or Garnett for MVP with T-Mac as the dark horse. If either Kobe or T-Mac decide to play a real team game and work on defense, they will win the award.

I could easily see Tracy landing up with 25 pts, 6 rebs, 6 ass, 1+ blks, 1+steals and the Rockets winning 55-60 games.