• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There Is Basketball On The Tube Tonight

Nique21

Just checked out the TV listings, the USA will play Germany at 8 tonight on ESPN 2. I hope everyone has cable or satellite and can get ESPN 2. That is, if your itching to see some NBA guys. I didn't see the line on the game, so I don't know who is favored to win?

Dirk schooled Shawn Marion!He made Marion

look really bad.

Did you see that nasty block Ben Wallace

had?Dirk didn't do a whole lot after Ben

smacked him around.

Elton Brand and Paul Pierce have clearly

shown they are the two best players on

the US team.Pierce looks like he could

score 50 points in these games if he

wanted too.

Nowitzki and Pierce were the two best players on the floor in that game. Germany gave us all we wanted until PP decided enough was enough. Got to give Nowitzki credit though. He and a bunch of scrubs had the lead late in the 3rd. As I've always said, he is a legitimate superstar!

P.S. - How about Gasol leading Spain to a victory over Yugoslavia? Valde said that Yugoslavia could beat the US just like another team could beat Yugoslavia. Looks like he was at least half right!

Boy it was actually an entertaining game. I think it makes us look bad though, a little. We clearly had the talent to runaway with this game and didn't til the 4th quarter. It seemed like the guys were either taking it for granted or just was waiting for the other guy to do something. I would have hated to lose this game and put a blemish on the perfect mark we have.

Although, I did catch myself rooting for Germany some, so it would stay close. Maybe I am to blame?

While Germany kept feeding the ball to Dirk, the US squad wasted a lot of time trying to figure out who was going to be the main option...and until Pierce decided that it was going to be him and to hell with everyone else, we floundered a bit. That's the problem with an assortment of stars like this without a first-rate asst. pg (no, I don't want to rehash the typical pg argument), but there's an article on ESPN right now by a Chitown sports writer - I tend to agree with his sentiments.