• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I still believe the Hawks/Ferry aren't serious about obtaining Dwight

TheNorthCydeRises

At the end of the day it's easier to make the finals here. The pieces here fit Dwight better than all teams that can acquire him. Ferry has room to sign a pure point like Calderon who has no problem getting him the ball. There is no debate as who will be focal point on this team. The Lakers have a team full of hall of famers but they are fading, some faster than others. The brand of basketball here would be totally different than Dwight has ever experienced during his career as far as getting up and down blocking shots, sprinting for easy baskets. The best weak side defender to cover his back and a guy like Al to hit most of his wide open set shots. We hold rights to the best 3 point shooter currently and two other 45% caliber 3 point shooters. It's the perfect dynamic.

not sure about Calderon over Teague but I thought he was on the market as well.. Could probably grab him pretty easily

not sure about Calderon over Teague but I thought he was on the market as well.. Could probably grab him pretty easily

Probably cheaper too. He fits better than Teague if we get Dwight. Arguably the best pure passer in the league. Can give it to Dwight and Josh in the perfect spots. Elite 3pt/FT shooter as well.

Edited by GameTime

Cause many people are thinking this not only from a basketball stand point but from a business standpoint.

He is recognizable face to help bring in fans and revenue. He arguably isnt a franchise changing player on the court but he is off the court by making us more popular, a more attractive place for free agents to sign, etc.....

Btw I dont like Dwight either he is arguable the biggest diva in the nba but we need to spark this franchise and get the fans excited to come out hawk games and spend money.

I don't disagree that it's a good business move to get Dwight here, but as a fan, I don't care about that one bit. I'm going to cheer for the Hawks with or without him, but from an on court perspective, I'd really prefer him not be on this team.