• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Richard Seymour

jy23

So according to fox sports south the falcons are in contract talks with him. All I have to say about that is....HELLZ YEAH!!!!! I've Ben begging and hoping for this all offseason and now it seems to be happening. Can't wait for the season.

I've gotta wonder what's taking so long for him to sign with someone. Have his skills really dropped off that much since he left New England? I haven't really followed him since he went to the Raiders but I can't imagine he's gone from being a top 5 DL player to a guy who seems to have drawn little interest around the league in such a short time period. I know he's a bit of a diva and a pain in the ass but his talent was just so freaking good. If the Falcons get him that will be a major win IMO.

I think you take this chance. If he could stay healthy and get back into form, this could be a very good signing. I would still have loved Freeney but admittedly only because I think the risk is lower.

I'm just throwing this out there, may not have much weight but just my opinion....I think he knew all along where he wanted to be/and or was going so he just say back and waited for the right time to get things rolling. We couldn't sign him until after June 1st bc that's when we get the cap relief from the clabo cut so now their ready to make the move. A guy on falcons life said months ago that he had a dinner with mike Nolan and mentioned Seymour and said that Nolan just lit up and all but flat out told him Seymour would be here. Oakland is just a wasteland for superstar players, he produced pretty well in Oakland but I think he could and would step it up a lil bit in Atlanta with the chance at a ring. Let's get it done.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Seymore is looking for a little more money than the Falcons want to spend. Frankly, I would rather wait to see if there are more cap/camp causalities and get a LB that can actually cover TEs.