• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why beating the better west teams might be such a challenge

Plainview1981

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/defense-per-game/sort/threePointFieldGoalPctOpponent

Most of the better teams in the west are really good against the 3pt shot.

Al must step up his game when this 12 game stretch starts... Also, it seems that Teague has been rather inconsistant as of late. He has a 20 point game and then follows it up with a 9 point game. We will see what this team is capable of in the next month.

I feel like Teague gives the offense a chance to do it's thing first and then he steps in and forces the issue when the offense is stagnant.  We have played a string of weak defensive teams lately and the offense has been rolling along with just ball movement.  I expect him to pick up the pace, next week, when games get tougher.

Edited by JETSET

I feel like Teague gives the offense a chance to do it's thing first and then he steps in and forces the issue when the offense is stagnant.  We have played a string of weak defensive teams lately and the offense has been rolling along with just ball movement.  I expect him to pick up the pace, next week, when games get tougher.

Dallas is beatable. They haven't beaten any of the top  teams and I'm not sure that they're better than the Hawks. I get the feeling that Dirk is starting to show his age also. Teams shoot lights out against them also. 

I think it could end up like this:

Orlando W

@Orlando L

vs. Chicago W

@ Cleveland L

@Houston L

@Dallas W

vs. Clippers W

vs. Bucks W

@Bucks L

Cleveland L

@Utah W

@Portland L

@Clippers L 

vs. Memphis L

6-8 over the next 14 games wouldn't be too bad.

Dallas is beatable. They haven't beaten any of the top  teams and I'm not sure that they're better than the Hawks. I get the feeling that Dirk is starting to show his age also. Teams shoot lights out against them also. 

I think it could end up like this:

Orlando W

@Orlando L

vs. Chicago W

@ Cleveland L

@Houston L

@Dallas W

vs. Clippers W

vs. Bucks W

@Bucks L

Cleveland L

@Utah W

@Portland L

@Clippers L 

vs. Memphis L

6-8 over the next 14 games wouldn't be too bad.

I'm close to the same page as you.  I think we will sweep at least one, if not both, of Orlando or Milwaukee and I think we will beat either Portland or LAC at the end of the stretch.  I will put us at 8-6 over the next 14.

I'm confident that we sweep Orlando if Vucevic doesn't play.  There's a decent chance that we lose one if he does play while Antić is out.

Edited by JETSET

I'm close to the same page as you.  I think we will sweep at least one, if not both, of Orlando or Milwaukee and I think we will beat either Portland or LAC at the end of the stretch.  I will put us at 8-6 over the next 14.

I think the Hawks have played pretty well against The Clipps over the years if I'm not mistaken. Both of the Orlando games are easily winnable, but I have to think that the winning streak will end soon. The Bucks play really hard and I expect them to give the Hawks a hard time in one of those games.  I think the Houston game will be the toughest. I don't like that matchup for the Hawks at all.

Memphis also tough because Conley/Gasol present the same challenges that Lowery and their big man (I forget his name) present to us. Plus, Tony Allen will most likely do a great job on Korver. However, it seems that Al has gotten the better of Gasol in recent history. But Al was a different player before. Right now he is not 100%.

I think the Hawks have played pretty well against The Clipps over the years if I'm not mistaken. Both of the Orlando games are easily winnable, but I have to think that the winning streak will end soon. The Bucks play really hard and I expect them to give the Hawks a hard time in one of those games.  I think the Houston game will be the toughest. I don't like that matchup for the Hawks at all.

Memphis also tough because Conley/Gasol present the same challenges that Lowery and their big man (I forget his name) present to us. Plus, Tony Allen will most likely do a great job on Korver. However, it seems that Al has gotten the better of Gasol in recent history. But Al was a different player before. Right now he is not 100%.

We can beat the Rockets if Howard is still out next week.  We will have a tough time with them if he is in since he towers over our guys.

I would think that Memphis would be our toughest matchup, but we played them tough in both matchups last year and we had key guys out. 

The good thing about this team is we can win on any given night.  There's no game where I will think that we have no shot of winning before the game starts.

At least our games are nice and spread out over this stretch.  LAC and Portland will be our only true back to backs.

Edited by JETSET