• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Silas to Toronto?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Word on the Street is that Atlanta will have to bid against Charlotte and Toronto at the end of the season.

It's stated that Charlotte wants Fratello First and Silas Second.

It's stated that Toronto want Silas.

I believe that it will come down to Money and Power. I think if we want Fratello, we have to give him more power than a coach.

Or we might make a run and decide that Stotts is worth Keeping?

• Admin

It's a tough decision to make. Stotts has obviously improved this team. It was hard to tell early on, but they are certainly playing a consistant style, even if their energy level is not consistant.

But if we can get a proven, marquee coach, we have to do it. Silas, Van Gundy, Fratello, dunleavy, I'd take any of them.

The one job that could open up and cause a domino effect is the New Jersey Nets job. If there is one job that Jeff Van Gundy would choose over any other, it would be the Nets job, IMO. It looks like the Nets reciprocate that feeling. If Van Gundy is interesting, they may let Byron Scott go to get him.

That will cause a domino effect because Van Gundy is the top guy on the Toronto Raptors list, but they know he will cost top dollar. Are they willing to pay Lenny, who has a year left on his contract, $5 million while paying Van Gundy the $7 million it will likely take to get him? That's going to be interesting, and it will be intersting if they take the same approach with Paul Silas, because I think it will take a $5 million a year contract to get Silas. The Raptors could go for an assistant like Eddie Jordan.

In Atlanta, I think Silas is being considered a candidate because he has ties with Pete Babcock. He may be the top guy on the list, but I also think Terry Stotts has a very good chance of keeping this job.

In Charlotte, they are looking more for a GM at this time, but they could offer a GM/Head Coach position to Paul Silas, or offer him the GM job. Ed Tapscott is also very fancy with Nate McMillan at Seattle.

Which will cause a domino in Seattle, where they would likely promote long time assistant Dwayne Casey to replace McMillan if he were to leave.

In New Orleans, it is pretty obvious that they want Mike Fratello and are just waiting till Silas's contract is up in June to get him.

In Cleveland, not much has come out, but it appears that Suns assistant Marc Iavaroni may be the top candidate. He was an assistant in Cleveland under Mike Fratello from 1997-1999.

The only thing that has come out of Clipperland is that Elgin Baylor doesn't like Dennis Johnson. Whoever they get, he won't get paid much at all. Maybe Dwayne Casey becomes a top candidate for this job if McMillan stays in Seattle. Some other assistants could pop up for this job. Right now, NBA teams may try to find the next Eric Mussleman or Rick Carlisle.