• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ira getting noticed

mrhonline

i'd give him 4 years for $10 million.

That means hes guaranteed a job for 4 years (well atleast guaranteed $10 million)... thats some job security.

I dont think any other team will beat that.... sure they might give him $3 million for 1 year, but nothing more.

So i think he'll take our offer.

And that's 3 years, 13 million for Bowen, 6 years, 18 million for Buckner.

I don't think the Hawks can continue to give role players multi-year contracts. Ira is good, but he should be replaceable.

You need a good scouting staff at the ready to provide a list of guys you can find for the minimum-1 million that match those skill sets.

I would offer Ira a 2 year deal worth 3 million at the most. Do not tie up long term resources with role players, and that's what Ira is...

Guest Walter

...that or he is fast becoming one of the best of them and they, role players, include 6th men, which often are more valuable than full time starters.

Not only that but where he needed to improve (perimeter shooting) he not only has improved but has become the team's best! The work ethic required to accomplish that feat is necessary on any team and hard to come by. Could you ever see a $14 million dollar player, Big Hog, ever doing such a thing? Dribbling practice? Defensive hustle practice? Nope.

Ira certainly deserves $2 million per starting, but I agree that his years should be limited to say 3 years. $2.1 million, $2.3 million, $2.6 million for a grand total of 3 years for $7 million, with his having an option after the second year or perhaps two options after each of the first two years. The team has a $500,000 buyout option after two years regardless.

Truth is our cap money is already tied up for the next two years regardless. Big Hog's contract ties us up, PERIOD. Theo's ends in two years as well (but at least he isn't a team killer). Spend within some reason now but not for too long a term. If that means paying Ira more than $2 million per starting to ensure a two year contract or a team option after two years, do so. But still Ira is simply too valuable a player, just the opposite of Big Hog. We win with him. Not the other way around.

W