Sign Artest this summer

jumpshot

We need to let Childress walk and sign Artest. He would provide a second scoring option and great defense. This would allow Marvin to come off the bench until he improves his consistency. I'm tired of watching poor defense and Joe getting tripled team. Joe has been outstanding of late!

Im a fan of MW despite what anyone says but if we can get Artest than I would give him up for that. I dont think Artest will wanna go to anymore teams that dont have a chance to win a Championship though. he's been losing for years now. but Hawks could be just a few years from being contenders if management gets it together

• Premium Member

Quote:

We need to let Childress walk and sign Artest. He would provide a second scoring option and great defense. This would allow Marvin to come off the bench until he improves his consistency. I'm tired of watching poor defense and Joe getting tripled team. Joe has been outstanding of late!

I'd give up both Chill and Marvin for Artest... I would do so in a second.

Quote:

Quote:

I'd give up both Chill and Marvin for Artest... I would do so in a second.

I'm pretty sure everyone on earth would. That doesn't make it any more likely to happen.

Artest has talent and drive. There is no question that he can play basketball and makes guys around him better.

However, he is a loose cannon. Artest has serious psychological problems. I am not sure the combination of a somewhat volitile Josh Smith and Artest is what the Hawks need right now.

From a talent standpoint, Artest is worth a significant trade. From a team philosophy view, I don't think you can bring him in.

Lets get a real HC first and then let him decide what moves need to made to get the roster to reflect his views.

Quote:

Artest has talent and drive. There is no question that he can play basketball and makes guys around him better.

However, he is a loose cannon. Artest has serious psychological problems. I am not sure the combination of a somewhat volitile Josh Smith and Artest is what the Hawks need right now.

From a talent standpoint, Artest is worth a significant trade. From a team philosophy view, I don't think you can bring him in.

Lets get a real HC first and then let him decide what moves need to made to get the roster to reflect his views.

seems like you're not from the "earth". but so am i

Smith has had some on court issues with his Woodson. They are minor, but Smith has received a suspension for them.

There have been unsubstantiated reports of Smith having emotional outbursts during practice and in the locker-room. I usually don't put much weight into these sorts fo reports, but with the Hawks, most things that has been written seems to have a large grain of truth.

My main point is, a new HC would really make a difference with the team. I do believe that the talent is here, the problem is that there is no leadership from anywhere in the organization.

Quote:

Quote:

seems like you're not from the "earth". but so am i

Huh? tinfoil.gif