• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

blah

HawkItus

What once looked promising is turning into a nightmare. But, the one thing I'm looking forward to, if this does go all the way south, is a comment I read on ESPN about the Cavs. And really it fits for all championship NBA teams. You have to have pain to get great. Think about it, the Kobe/Shaq lakers had pain. Boston's big three had pain from years of individual experience. Orlando had last years finals etc. If things go south we have our moment. Guys won't have the injury excuse. Home court advantage excuse. There will be no excuse, but looking in the mirror. If we do win the series then this has done nothing, but make us stronger. This series has been really good medicine for what ails us. It just sucks going down.

• Like 1

We had our pain already.........the 7 game series loss to Boston and the 4 game to sweep by Cleveland over the last 2 years.

Eventually championship teams must stop the pain and win.

doesn't count because we had the built in excuses. No homecourt. More talented team. We weren't supposed to win. But losing this year would be no excuse. Just like Cleveland's loss last year to Orlando.

Edited by sultanofatl

The thread is based on the premise that the Hawks might actually learn something from this. I have seen no evidence to believe this would be the case.

They got blown out consistently on the road in the playoffs the last two years. During the regular season they repeatedly played down to the competition and paid for it several times. Did they learn anything? Sure doesn't look like it to me.

Smart teams have taken advantage of the Hawks switching defense consistently but do the Hawks change anything? No. they just keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

The thread is based on the premise that the Hawks might actually learn something from this. I have seen no evidence to believe this would be the case.

They got blown out consistently on the road in the playoffs the last two years. During the regular season they repeatedly played down to the competition and paid for it several times. Did they learn anything? Sure doesn't look like it to me.

Smart teams have taken advantage of the Hawks switching defense consistently but do the Hawks change anything? No. they just keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

I agree coaching wise. Our coach doesn't make adjustments. Player wise I think they can learn. Josh has matured a lot since last years playoffs. Horford will learn from being outplayed by Thomas. JJ these last 2 games has really shown he can be the man and his off the court comments have been what true superstars spit out when the team is stinking it up. Crawford is a playoff virgin. He's just learning what this is. Like I said, they have to look at themselves right now. Nobody can claim injury or whatever. I think at least our top 4 will learn and get better. Marvin and the rest. I don't know

I agree coaching wise. Our coach doesn't make adjustments. Player wise I think they can learn. Josh has matured a lot since last years playoffs. Horford will learn from being outplayed by Thomas. JJ these last 2 games has really shown he can be the man and his off the court comments have been what true superstars spit out when the team is stinking it up. Crawford is a playoff virgin. He's just learning what this is. Like I said, they have to look at themselves right now. Nobody can claim injury or whatever. I think at least our top 4 will learn and get better. Marvin and the rest. I don't know

I don't see the players learning much. Horford has sucked with his back to the basket all season but he keeps trying to do it. He has been successfull when he plays a face up game, shooting the midrange shot and making decisive moves off the dribble. After 3 years in the league i would think he would have enough sense not to try and back down Kurt Thomas.

Smith is still going to the basket soft and whining for the refs to bail him out, as usual.