• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!

cyman3

i caught the 2nd half of the game. u know what? im glad we lost. we didnt want it bad enuf.

64 free throws (aka FREE SHOTS) for the other team.

our defensive philosophy

"let ur man beat u with his first step, get a teammate to help out, and the teammate fouls the man hard"

i mean, c'mon- these arent KILLER CROSSOVERS or any spectacular moves here. players are going to the rim lefty or righty easily and as a result, get an opportunity for 2 free points.

take GRANT HILL. the dude has AVERAGE athleticism (in NBA STANDARDS) at best. yet, he manages to run circles around the hawks. gets 11 free throw attempts.

shoot, take DWIGHT HOWARD. his HS background was enuf for him to get 12 free throw attempts. i mean, hes not SHAQ... c'mon, D-UP on the kid. dont give him free shots.

Howard, quietly averaging 7.6 ppg this season, got a new career high. First, we make NAZR MOHAMMED look like hakeem olajuwan. then we let Mr. 7 ppg go off for 24 points. i mean, i can understand 14 points (if the kid is playin well) but 24 points?

and dont even get me started on FRANCIS. if the guy wasnt in foul trouble throughout the entire game, he woulda recorded his new SEASON HIGH (and almost got close too even w/ foul trouble).

SEASON HIGHS for

1)Howard

2)Stevenson

3)Nelson

and almost for FRANCIS

please PLAY GUYS who are willing to play defense. i rather play JOSH SMITH at center than COLLIER. Collier got size + some offense, but on defense the guy is lost. Anderson? the guy couldnt guard NBDL PGs.

MARK MY WORD

- we will lose every game to a team w/ a good fast paced PG. and the GOOD PG will also make his PF or C look like Hakeem Olajuwan.

I think we have some players that are letting their poor offensive play dictate their defensive play when it should be the other way around. The Hawks are definitely weak on interior defense, and that may not improve without personnel changes. They absolutely must do a better job of shutting off the lanes from penetration.

The vets on the team really have to step up and show the young guys on the team the effort needed to play defense at this level. Our perimeter defense is really being hurt by the absence of Royal Ivey though. Whoever did the scouting on him did their homework.

Delk played well. He was knocking down 3's when he got an open look and driving the lane & scoring. I think he was the only player on the team to make 2 free throws in a row. The one who I thought needed to come out tonight was Harrington. He was forcing his shot and missing. I felt Smith was playing much better than Al tonight. I know him & Walker are supposed to be the "go to" guys, but man they put up a lot of bad shots sometimes.

Childress looks to have lost confidence in his shot. He was open a few time tonight and instead of taking the shot, he drove the lane. He got fouled a couple times doing it so at least he's getting a chance for some points at the stripe. I'm hoping he'll find his stroke and be able to bury a 15-20 foot shot with regularity.

no, Delk took minutes from KENNY ANDERSON. Anderson couldnt keep up with Francis and Francis had his way (went like 9 for 10 fgs or something at first). it was a clear mismatch. so DELK, whos atleast productive on the offensive end, took Andersons minutes.

we really needed IVEYs defense.

as for CHILDRESS, its just an offnight.

all i know is taht we need more productive players. whether its on the offensive end or defensive end, we need guys that gets THINGS DONE!

Kenny Anderson was in foul trouble much of the night eventually fouling out so that is why his playing time was cut somewhat. Although Delk is a better scorer, Kenny Anderson does a better job of getting others in job, so the two on the offensive end is a wash assuming someone such as walker or...harrington is on the floor able to score with Anderson feeding them and setting them up.

Your right we need Ivey back, does anyone know when he is set to return? I heard a week or so, same for Drobnjak who i was actually starting to like (i didn't believe he would fit well with the hawks at first)

I was also impressed by the hustle of Josh Smith, does everyone else notice how he is almost always the first one down on each end of the floor. Woodson not playing him for a few games seems to have really helped him. He is able to anticipate and block shots in a Theo type way. Imagine if we had him and and Theo at the PF/C spots in a game...could be very good in a blocking shots aspect.

Guys like Marbury and Francis are ALLSTARS!!! It takes more than one guy to guard them. Delk, who guarded Francis for most of the game got beat alot. The thing good defensive teams do is step up and make good defensive rotations. This team does not at all....alot of this is on Antoine and the centers. How many times do we have to see second/third rate PF/C's get season/career highs.

We need a defensive gimick because our interior defense is terrible. You either take away the PG or you take away the interior game. It is not all on Kenny and Delk....the average NBA PG should be able to blow by their opponent that is why they are in the league. The key is defensive rotation and we have none.