• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who plays better defense? ACC teams or NBA?

OuthouseRag

From what I seen, I believe that ACC plays better defense. I’m guessing because they have more off days to recover and a shorter schedule. In the NBA, it seems that most teams only play defense in the last few seconds of the shot clock, quarter, or game. So they can reserve energy for the next game or season.

Quote:

From what I seen, I believe that ACC plays better defense. I’m guessing because they have more off days to recover and a shorter schedule. In the NBA, it seems that most teams only play defense in the last few seconds of the shot clock, quarter, or game. So they can reserve energy for the next game or season.

Its not that they don't play defense, its that the rules are so heavily skewed towards offense.

Scoring had been going down for years because defenses were getting tougher and tougher. That is why they changed the rules to make scoring easier.

Put any college defense against an NBA offense, with the NBA rules in effect, and they would get abused badly.

Quote:

Its not that they don't play defense, its that the rules are so heavily skewed towards offense.

Thanks. I wanted to make a point. That's why the hawks should pick a scorer, not potential. We have enough players that we are waiting to see if they develop into basketball players. The league has changed to befit scoring not athleticism or physical play.

Quote:

Put any college defense against an NBA offense, with the NBA rules in effect, and they would get abused badly.

i always wondered. take the worst team in the NBA (Portland) and match them up against the best team in college (Florida? Duke? LSU? watever).

who would win?

my bet is on PORTLAND.

now, take NBA all-scrub team vs COLLEGE'S BEST. who wins then?

i say COLLEGE's best.

• Moderators

Quote:

now, take NBA all-scrub team vs COLLEGE'S BEST. who wins then?

i say COLLEGE's best.

If it wasn't college's best, then a lottery pick wouldn't be worth very much would it?

yeh... heres a few more

* Allstar Euro players (who never played in the NBA) vs Allscrub NBA; i give it to allstar euros.

* Allstar ASIAN players (from asia leagues) vs Allscrub NBA; i give it to all scrub NBA. should be a great game tho.

* Allstar WNBA players vs Allscrub NBA;

not to hate on women athletes & I prob receive a lot of heat for saying this... but i say ALLSCRUB NBA!

* Allstar HIGH SCHOOL players vs Allscrub NBA;

Dwight Howard + JR Smith + Josh Smith (back in the day) prob would play very well against allscrub NBA. This is a hard one. or if u take LEBRON + his class vs Allscrub NBA.

Tough one, but ima go w/ high schoolers.

care to add any others?