• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bobcats about to get Jose Calderon

Sothron

• Premium Member

From rotoworld:

The Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and "possibly" Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in a three-way deal that includes the Suns. Charlotte would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player.

As expected, we're seeing a cascade of player movement following LeBron and co.'s decision to join the Heat. Calderon would certainly fill the Bobcats' void at PG, and is a far better pure PG than ex-Bobcat Raymond Felton. Of course, if this deal goes through as stated it will leave Charlotte thin inside, relying on Tyrus Thomas and a platoon of mediocre big men.

Every team in our division is getting stronger and so far the only thing we've done is retain a roster that couldn't get past the second round and just traded a former lottery pick for a can of pinto beans. I hope Sund has something about to go down because the Hawks are looking at some seriously improved competition in our division and the conference.

• Admin

From rotoworld:

The Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and "possibly" Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in a three-way deal that includes the Suns. Charlotte would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player.

As expected, we're seeing a cascade of player movement following LeBron and co.'s decision to join the Heat. Calderon would certainly fill the Bobcats' void at PG, and is a far better pure PG than ex-Bobcat Raymond Felton. Of course, if this deal goes through as stated it will leave Charlotte thin inside, relying on Tyrus Thomas and a platoon of mediocre big men.

Every team in our division is getting stronger and so far the only thing we've done is retain a roster that couldn't get past the second round and just traded a former lottery pick for a can of pinto beans. I hope Sund has something about to go down because the Hawks are looking at some seriously improved competition in our division and the conference.

I was a Calderon fan but after he took over reigns in Toronto he has been a big dissappointment. Probably the worst defender in the league (worse then Bibby). Ask TO fans (I am friends with some) and they are glad to be rid of him.

He is a good backup pg but shouldn't be getting extended minutes.

From rotoworld:

Unless it is a team getting stronger on the inside then I don't worry about it. We are fine at the back court and wing position. We've talent on top of talent. This move actually makes the Bobcats weaker against us. If we sign Shaq we fix 60% of our issues from last season.

I won't be surprise to see DJ as their starting PG at some point in the season. Jose going from Toronto to NC. I am sure he is thrill about that. I wouldn't look at this as an upgrade for the Bobcats. Jose will probably dog it with them. He has his money. This 3-way trade is basically each team trading their trash for the other team trash.