• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls want Shareef, do we want Crawford/filler?

DJ_Money

www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull091.html

In reply to:

The Bulls would love to acquire a player such as Atlanta's Shareef Abdur-Rahim or Indiana's Al Harrington -- both of whom reportedly are available -- but they would have to include another contract, and there's minimal interest in the rest of the Bulls' roster. Miami's Eddie Jones also is a long shot.

First thing I came up with in the trade checker was Shareef for Crawford/Curry/Robinson.

Paxson still sees Curry as an untouchable, but he and Chandler are the only bait they've got. And...you've got to wonder if they'll ever get their shot, especially if you had Shareef, A. Davis, and JYD there.

They get Shareef, easily the best player in the deal. Plus, they get rid of Robinson's contract.

We do have to take on that contract, but we get two very good young players.

After this, I start looking for ways to ship off JT.

Just some food for thought. I'm sure somebody can come up with a few different trade options.

You mean somebody would actually take Reef? That same

guy that scored 7 points vs. Slava's career high 27 points

and 11 rebounds? If Reef was worth anything things like

this wouldn't happen...

Don't tell me! Don't tell me! It's that d@med coaches

fault! If he could go out there and play better defense

himself they wouldn't be that bad on defense.

Curry is quickly becoming Scott Skiles's whipping boy in Chicago. The feeling is that he isn't getting the most out of his talent, and Skiles is punishing the entire team for things Curry is doing.

There may be a divorce coming between the Bulls and Curry.

"But, basically, you trade away a player for three guys that can't get the job done. Those are the Bulls CORE players. That would be like us trading Theo, Reef and Terry for McGrady. There is no incentive. "

You seem to think we still have a chance to build around JT/SAR/Theo. Dude, our players can't get the job done either. Will we ever win with JT? No, so what's the point in keeping him.

If some team were stupid enough to trade us good, young talent for some of our garbage, I'd take it. Sure, Curry is not Shaq. Crawford is not Jason Kidd. We can't get those players, though. If we can get some young guys with upside, we have a future. As it stands, we have none.

Play, we are not the worst team in terms of our present roster, but we are the worst team in terms of future. Orlando has a better future, because they have at least one good, young player to build around. We are stuck because we traded all of our draft picks for horrible players, and all we have is a team full of ALBATROSSES!

If we can get bailed out by trading for Harrington and having some semblance of a future, I'll take it. It won't make us champions, but it will give us hope.