gsuteke

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

classy

people who enjoy it when others are injured generally have severe inferiority complexes. they delight in the misery, suffering, injury, and death of others because it lets them know that someone has it a little worse than they do--at least for a little while.

Put down your purse hunnie, and stop watching so much Lifetime. Its not that serious.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but Im not gonna complain when it slows you guys down. Had this been a serious injury that kept him out for the entire season it would have sucked because that would've meant that you guys would get the 1-3 overall pick. All Claxton's injury does is assures 3-5 extra losses on the board. Chin up.

Quote:

LOL u got no shot at a top 10 pick this year son. let it go. i'm not even mad at ya. you're so pathetic.

I think he has a shot. Did we really improve 6 teams better over last year?

W

Quote:

Quote:

LOL u got no shot at a top 10 pick this year son. let it go. i'm not even mad at ya. you're so pathetic.

W

I saw your post in the other thread. You may be the only one that understands why the Hawks are going through a tough time right now. The day you guys get rid of Billy Knight you'll win at least 45 games and will be a playoff contender for years to come.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

I saw your post in the other thread. You may be the only one that understands why the Hawks are going through a tough time right now. The day you guys get rid of Billy Knight you'll win at least 45 games and will be a playoff contender for years to come.

no Walter is a complainer. he's just getting into character.

P.S. you're a damn fool if you think the Hawks will be giving you a top 10 pick this year.

with the acquisition of a true PG (i can't understand for the life of me why people aren't more savvy about Claxton's injury) along with the inside presence we needed in Ren and Shellhead this team is primed to compete for the 8th seed.

you can have the 12th or 14th pick in the draft so your GM can move it for some cash this year as far as I'm concerned. I'll take the young squad ready to do things not only now but for years to come.

you won't be posting here in 12 months. mark the tape son.

I somewhat agree with you Johnny. I would insert Salim as the starting 2guard & let Joe run the point. Salim could start off the game and play about 15mpg. Lue & Childress could be the backups. Don't forget Anthony Grundy will be in for training camp. He isn't necessarily a true point but he likes to attack the basket which opens up shots for our wing players if he kicks it out to them.

Quote:

I somewhat agree with you Johnny. I would insert Salim as the starting 2guard & let Joe run the point. Salim could start off the game and play about 15mpg. Lue & Childress could be the backups. Don't forget Anthony Grundy will be in for training camp. He isn't necessarily a true point but he likes to attack the basket which opens up shots for our wing players if he kicks it out to them.

we will get torched by the opposing PG again. Shellhead won't be getting the calls early in the season on help defense.

I know his first two were on the same finger, not sure if this one is too. Either way, he has an injury history and I talked about that when we signed him. I still think he will be good for the team and even though I don't like the amount of money he is getting, it is still a very well structred deal.

Get used to seeing Speedy only 60-70 games a year, it is inevitable.

Quote:

I know his first two were on the same finger, not sure if this one is too. Either way, he has an injury history and I talked about that when we signed him. I still think he will be good for the team and even though I don't like the amount of money he is getting, it is still a very well structred deal.

Get used to seeing Speedy only 60-70 games a year, it is inevitable.

get off your @ss Billy Knight and get us another PG in the fold.

wow, never seen a board so upset over a minor injury in my life

yeah, this will slow down the team chemistry factor, but we knew he was gonna have some injuries along the way, better to be unhealthy in september/october than later in the season

relax folks, its not like we just went from title contender to lottery team

if anything we should be grateful that this tem finally has some depth at PG so when a minor injury does occur, we can survive

Between Lue, Ivey, Salim and JJ, we'll be fine while Speedy's out.

Quote:

Lue, Ivey and JJ are fine until Claxton gets back. I never expected Speedy to play 82 games anyway. We don't need another pg.

Thats right, much ado for nothing. JJ will be at point much until Speedy gets there. Bozeman will have an opportunity to pass Grundy and usurp Ivey. At any rate Bozeman is set up to be number 15 at least. Speedy will be motivated in every facet of training camp instead of using that hand on the court. Chillz will have extended time at 2 and a look at 1 also. The team will benefit more than youse suspect.

The two well known issues to Speedy's game are his poor outside jumper and fragility. Sure anyone could break their hand but Speedy is more likely to suffer such an injury than most NBA players. We knew this signing him. It is a shame that the first injury occurs before training camp. This injury will impact his ability to gain chemistry with his teammates.

I totally agree and Speedy going down a WEEK before training camp really hurts but hopefully we can hold the fort till he gets back. He might be ready to go for the season opener if heals fast. Its about 5 weeks till Nov. 1 anyways.