• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft

jeddelong

This is espn's new mock draft:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/d03/index

What do you guys think about Boris Diaw, he seems like he could be a good take.

From Insider:

Boris Diaw

Shooting Guard | 6-9, 220 | Draft Player Card

Pau Orthez | France

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Katz's Pick: Diaw is a combo guard and is considered quite a passer. The Hawks weren't thrilled with last year's first-round pick Dan Dickau. But Dickau was hurt and never really given the chance to flourish. He has to get more minutes next season to re-discover his shot. Drafting Diaw would put less pressure on Dickau than a ready-made senior who doesn't have as much time to develop. The Hawks could be patient with Diaw and not force his maturity on the court.

Chad Ford's Take: No one knows for sure what the Hawks are doing here. They still don't have an owner or a GM, which makes it a little hard to project what they want. Diaw is really a 6-foot-9 point guard, which should get Hawks fans smiling. Diaw isn't really a threat to score, but with Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Glenn Robinson and Jason Terry in the house, who needs him to be? Pair him in the backcourt with Terry, and the Hawks' point-guard woes could be over.

Boris Diaw

SHOOTING GUARD | (6-9, 220) | FRANCE

Notes: A member of Pau Orthez (France) since 2000-01 season, Diaw averaged 5.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists this past season. Made made his debut during the 1997-98 season with JSA Bordeaux, in the French 4th division. In 1998-99 moved to INSEP, the French National Institute for Sports, in the French National 1 League, the French 3rd division. Also played with INSEP during the 1999-2000 championships.

Diaw was part of the 2002 and 2003 French National Cup with EB Pau Orthez, while also being named to the 2002 French All Star Game. He won the silver medal at the 2002 European Under-20 Championship. Also won the 2000-01 French National Championship with EB Pau Orthez. He was a member of the French Junior National team, which won the gold medal at the 2000 European Championship, as well as the French Under-20 National team. Diaw played at the 2000 European Under-20 Championships.

Positives: A big-time prospect who's been overshadowed by the emergence of teammate Mickael Pietrus. He's very smooth and one of the best passers ESPN.com has seen in the draft. He has a real point guard mentality and is very unselfish. He has a nice body and is a good athlete. Diaw was the French League's MVP this season.

Negatives: The only question with Diaw is aggressiveness. He can be too passive on the offensive end of the court. He just rarely looks for his shot. Some scouts believe that will change when Diaw gets out of the system he's playing in and gets more familiar with the NBA.

Summary: He's really a 6-foot-9 pass-first old school point guard. He'll never average more than 12 to 15 ppg in the league, but he'll get you five or six rebounds and five or six assists per game. He's probably a mid-to-late first-rounder

I believe Diaw is a very good fit for the Hawks needs. I would pick either Diaw or Josh Howard at #21. Diaw can handle the ball, dish the ball and play defense. Howard continues to get better each year and he has all the intangibles. At #37, I would look at either Mario Austin for a big body or possibly Maquis Daniels or Carl English. Daniels and English have point guard skills along with good size.

I don't think it's worth it to take howard in the 1st...it's just unlikely that anyone else will take him with their first pick and a good chance (not great, but good) that we could take him in the second

Diaw is very, very good. I am falling in love with his talent. He is long and fast. Good all-around player. If I had to pick at #21, I would pick Diaw. Howard is also a good all-around player. I think we will pick him at #37. I think we should try a high schooler like Ebi or Perkins. High schoolers are starting to do very well in the NBA. I think we should take a chance.