• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Continue Pre-Draft Workouts, June 11

HawkTodd

Hawks Continue Pre-Draft Workouts, June 11 (6-11-03).

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/Hawks_Contin...o-77694-33.html

Justin Hamilton, 6-3, 225, Guard, Florida

How did today's workout go?

"I think the workout went fairly well. I've been to a few other places and it's pretty much the same deal, just a different group of guys. Overall, it was a pretty good workout."

What do you envision as your role with an NBA team

"I just want an opportunity to play and show my skills."

Tell our readers about your collegiate career (at Florida)?

"I come from a winning program. We had a great deal of success, and I ran the point. My role there was pretty much to run the team, play defense and bring energy to the game. That's what I hope to give a ballclub."

Is there an NBA player you pattern your game after?

"My favorite player right now to watch is Jason Kidd. He's a terrific player and does a lot for his team. That's the type of player that I want to strive to be."

Marcus Hatten, 6-1, 165, Guard, St. John's

What was your expectation, and impression of today's workout?

"It was pretty intense. A lot of shooting, and defensive work. They put us through a lot of different situations that would occur in the game. There are certain situations on the court you might not experience in college. So it was just putting us in certain situations and seeing how we'd react to it. It was overall a good workout."

How many workouts have you had so far?

"This is my seventh workout. I probably have about five more to go. The format has been pretty much the same everywhere I've been so far. They just want to see how hard you'll work."

Can you tell us a little bit about your collegiate career?

"We won the NIT championship. In two years, I think I was 41-25, so a pretty good record. Let the team in steals, and was solid in rebounds, assists and points. I was an overall team player, and a hard worker. I just like to play basketball."

Is there anyone in the NBA that you pattern your game after?

"You learn from a lot of different players, rather than taking one player and patterning your game after him. I just try to learn from all the good ones and great ones."

What would you bring to an NBA roster?

"Defense, scoring and a winning attitude. That would be my main focus. Come in with no ego, because everybody is a star here. You have to put your ego aside. Then just play hard. I want to be a good player, and not just be content with being in the NBA and sitting on the bench. I want to come in and show people that I really can play basketball."

Ezra Williams, 6-4, 235, Guard, Georgia

How did today's workout go for you?

"It went pretty good. It was tough. You had some good competition with Richard, Justin and Marcus. Overall, it was a great workout."

Was this your first workout?

"This is my third. And I have Houston and Philadelphia coming up next week. I think I'm done after that."

Can you tell us about your collegiate career?

"I made All-SEC at Georgia. My game is that I'm a shooter and a scorer. That's what I love to do, and anything else I can do to help my team win."

Is there anyone in the league you pattern your game after?

"I think there's a little bit of Reggie Miller in my game, shooting-wise. As far as other things, it's a bunch of collective people. I do a little bit of everything."

Besides your offense, what could you bring to a team that people may not know about?

"Energy, rebounding and just being an all-around team player. I'm always up. I will always do whatever I can to help my team succeed."

....................................................................................

Coaching Carousel

SportsLine.com staff and wire reports

"In Atlanta, Terry Stotts still has a job, but the rumored scenario put forth by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is that Mike Dunleavy could be hired as the team's general manager. Also, he may coach the team for one year as the Hawks search for a full-time coach. (6/2)"

link to all coaching rumors.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/6317858

....................................................................................

Chat Wrap: David Aldridge, May 15, 2003

"D'Anta (Atlanta): Down here in Atlanta alot of talk of Big Dog being ship because of defense and turnovers. I think Big Dog is an important piece of the puzzle that can get this team back to the playoffs. Do you think we needs to get more quality bench players like an Sacremento, Dallas, and Detroit to get back to the playoffs."

"David Aldridge: Without being repetitive, I think the Hawks need a point in the worst way. Not that Terry didn't try hard, but he's a natural two. And they need Ratliff to stay healthy."

link to complete chat.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=3504