• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why can't Marvin get his scoring up?T

Elijah

The only difference between his game over the last 3 years and now is that he now makes one 3 a game. Hooray! :beer:

My God, if I wanted a 14 ppg SF, I'd just take washed-up TIm Thomas, rather than our 22 year old, who seems to be content with taking 10 shots a game, standing in the corner all game, and walking around with his massive arse sticking out.

I thought this was the year Marvin scores 18 ppg.

As of now, Marvin is an average NBA player.

The only difference between his game over the last 3 years and now is that he now makes one 3 a game. Hooray! :beer:

My God, if I wanted a 14 ppg SF, I'd just take washed-up TIm Thomas, rather than our 22 year old, who seems to be content with taking 10 shots a game, standing in the corner all game, and walking around with his massive arse sticking out.

FLip takes more shots than Marvin does..lol

personally i really can't wait till its all over and he's far away from this team. 3+ years and our #2 pick has developed an outside shot and.....ummm....yeah thats all i got.

how about his post up game (though limited) which was vacant when he entered the league?... the sweeping jump hook he does?... improved dribbling?... AND the 3 point shot. that's four improvements... step away from the pipe, playa

Edited by PlayaPat420

personally i really can't wait till its all over and he's far away from this team. 3+ years and our #2 pick has developed an outside shot and.....ummm....yeah thats all i got.

Ditto.

W

That is extremely simple minded. First of all Marvin scored 2 pts in his opener which obviously hurts his average with such a small sample size. Secondly Flip and Bibby take a combined 23 shots a game. Many of those shots come with nobody else touching the ball. Marvin simply isn't going to get as many chances to shoot as he has in the past.

Marvin adding a 3 pt shot is a big deal no matter how much his haters try to marginalize it.

I think Marvin will make his best turn when he realizes he needs to play from the 3 to key outskirts. Drive and pop, or take set 3's. He's not quick enough or athletic enough to finish around the rim on a straight drive. He could truly be a better shooting Glenn Robinson if he patterned his game in that manner.

I think Marvin will make his best turn when he realizes he needs to play from the 3 to key outskirts. Drive and pop, or take set 3's. He's not quick enough or athletic enough to finish around the rim on a straight drive. He could truly be a better shooting Glenn Robinson if he patterned his game in that manner.

Marv is more aggressive going to the rim than Big Dog was.

I don't think I've ever seen Marv do a pull up while he was looking to take it to the rim though... good and bad because it limits his arsenal quite a bit but he's more effective for now doing what he's doing. I think that could be a body control issue, I can't even imagine it.

I really don't mind Marv doing what he's doing now, especially considering he's developed teh 3 a little bit. Let him take the shot or take it to the hoop. No need to complicate things. He's turned himself into a nice peice of the puzzle.

Even though I can't stand Marvin's game, I have to concur with Exodus. You guys are crazy just looking at Marvin's ppg averages. He use to score all his points during junk times in a game and couldn't do diddly when it mattered. He has canned 2 big 3's this year agianst Boston and Indiana. It not just how many points a game you score, its when you score them.

Marvin still looks like a spaz to me when he takes it to the basket but if he can continue to develop his outside shot then who knows, maybe he can be better than average.

Hawk88

Edited by Hawk88

WOW, Marvin getting criticized the day after he hit yet another clutch shot for us. Don't worry his scoring will go up.

It's comical. In addition to hitting the clutch shot, the dude has 21 pts, 14 rebs, 4 assts, 2 steals and 1 blocked shot while defending a very good offensive player all night in Jamison. The haters can say whatever they want, Marvin played VERY well last night.

Marvin is our leader in FG%, FT% and 3P%. Me thinks he should probably be taking the 2nd most shots, only behind Joe.

Marvin should be taking 15 shots a game, instead of 10.

Flip and Bibby should be taking a few less each.

Horf should also cut into Flip and Bibby.

Lets let Bibby cool down before we start taking shots from him. He's having a solid season shooting the ball, might be because he has less offensive responsibility.

Marvin is our leader in FG%, FT% and 3P%. Me thinks he should probably be taking the 2nd most shots, only behind Joe.

Marvin should be taking 15 shots a game, instead of 10.

Flip and Bibby should be taking a few less each.

Horf should also cut into Flip and Bibby.

Good point.

Even some of the 3s that Marvin has missed have been in and out. It almost looks like he is more comfortable shooting from 3 than from 15 feet which is pretty strange given his history.

That is extremely simple minded. First of all Marvin scored 2 pts in his opener which obviously hurts his average with such a small sample size. Secondly Flip and Bibby take a combined 23 shots a game. Many of those shots come with nobody else touching the ball. Marvin simply isn't going to get as many chances to shoot as he has in the past.

Marvin adding a 3 pt shot is a big deal no matter how much his haters try to marginalize it.

Let's see MW isn't to be held accountable for scoring 2 pts. in his first game but is to get the credit for scoring more when several of our top players and scorers have been out (JS, Al, ZaZa)? Sounds like an apologist to me.

Seriously, we all would love a willing much less competent 3pt shooter out of MW but it's really a year or two later than it should have been occuring. Otherwise MW is the same player as last year. One fewer PPG this year but the same # of rebounds, FG%, A/TO, blocks and steals in the same MPG. A 22-23 year old should not be reaching his plateau!!!! His gains this year should be sizable! Especially THIS YEAR! THIS is the year everyone INSISTS if not predicts that MW jump out. JS did it (with a year less major basketball experience). Granger did it last year. It remains to be seen if MW will ever make a leap rather than reluctantly take a step.

W

Let's see MW isn't to be held accountable for scoring 2 pts. in his first game but is to get the credit for scoring more when several of our top players and scorers have been out (JS, Al, ZaZa)? Sounds like an apologist to me.

Seriously, we all would love a willing much less competent 3pt shooter out of MW but it's really a year or two later than it should have been occuring. Otherwise MW is the same player as last year. One fewer PPG this year but the same # of rebounds, FG%, A/TO, blocks and steals in the same MPG. A 22-23 year old should not be reaching his plateau!!!! His gains this year should be sizable! Especially THIS YEAR! THIS is the year everyone INSISTS if not predicts that MW jump out. JS did it (with a year less major basketball experience). Granger did it last year. It remains to be seen if MW will ever make a leap rather than reluctantly take a step.

W

They have only played 11 games. Marvin has played 10. A 2 pt outing has a lot more effect on an average when someone has played only 10 games.

I know you don't actually watch the games so let me fill you in. Bibby and Flip will frequently take quick shots before anyone else even touches the ball. Hard for Marvin to score there.

Also Marvin has been hitting big shots at the end of games. He hit what looked like the game winning 3 against Boston with 7 seconds left. He hit the go ahead 3 late in last nights game with under a minute left.

You and Diesel always dogged Marvin about disappearing in the clutch and being unable to shoot 3s. Now he is making 3s in the clutch but you are still bashing him. Sorry to burst your bubble but the 2005 draft is over. Get over it.

:beathorse:

BTW how are your boys Bargnani, Yi and Sene doing?

i think Marvin has to WANT to be a star.

He has to call for the ball. No. Demand the ball, especially with all the injuries we have had. He looks good attacking the basket and can hit clutch shots. i wish he would WANT the ball more. Make Woody draw him some plays.