• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Promise this is the last time I'll mention BK

NineOhTheRino

Are you kidding? You're giving Sund credit for the team that had a winning record last year which was the exact team BK built even including the bench?

Please point to any and all winning seasons that BK has had. Now that you've realized you can not, please shut up.

Hey weren't you the same poster that told everyone we were morons for not wanting to pick Yi Jianlian?

That's interesting. First time that I've heard that.

Same, probably because it was made up. I have never heard of BK being offered another GM position since he resigned from the Hawks. He was rumored for the NY job because of Donnie Walsh, but no offered made. Maybe I'm wrong, but usually teams want to win and if they want to win they would like to hire someone with at least one winning record in over 7 years of being a GM. BK does not fall within this elite category of GMs.

• Premium Member

funny how some of us always focus on the negative. Instead of focusing on the 1 or 2 he got wrong why not focus on the entire starting lineup which he got right?

funny how some of us always focus on the negative. Instead of focusing on the 1 or 2 he got wrong why not focus on the entire starting lineup which he got right?

So are you saying he got the Marvin pick right? :laughing5:

If BK got it right Bibby and Marvin never would have been on this team in the first place.

If I started to list everything BK has done wrong it would take too long. Its simpler to point to what he got right and then realize it took him 5 seasons to accomplish that.

Anyone remember BK's 5 year plan? He came in with a "5-year plan" and you know what he accomplished? One playoff season with a losing record. Its hard to argue against 5 years of being one of the worst teams in basketball, but thats what anyone defending BK is doing.

• Premium Member

If I started to list everything BK has done wrong it would take too long. Its simpler to point to what he got right and then realize it took him 5 seasons to accomplish that.

Anyone remember BK's 5 year plan? He came in with a "5-year plan" and you know what he accomplished? One playoff season with a losing record. Its hard to argue against 5 years of being one of the worst teams in basketball, but thats what anyone defending BK is doing.

The only decision I deem as egregious would be drafting Marvin over Paul. But at the time 80% of Hawks fans were OK with that due to defensive concerns with Paul and the fact that most of the "'experts" said Marvin was the ONLY can't-miss player in the draft.

Now hindsight is a b. Because had I known then that Billy would in turn trade for one of the worst defensive PGs (Bibbs) in the NBA as a stopgap I would have seriously questioned his basketball intellect as well.

But....but....

In the end everything worked out OK. Right?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

The only decision I deem as egregious would be drafting Marvin over Paul. But at the time 80% of Hawks fans were OK with that due to defensive concerns with Paul and the fact that most of the "'experts" said Marvin was the ONLY can't-miss player in the draft.

Now hindsight is a b. Because had I known then that Billy would in turn trade for one of the worst defensive PGs in the NBA as a stopgap I would have seriously questioned his basketball intellect as well.

But....but....

In the end everything worked out OK. Right?

If the goal win a first round series then sure, everything worked out OK.

I have to question the BBall IQ of anyone who doesn't consider drafting Shelden at 5 an egregious error.

• Premium Member

If the goal win a first round series then sure, everything worked out OK.

I have to question the BBall IQ of anyone who doesn't consider drafting Shelden at 5 an egregious error.

give me the name of 1 sensible pick at Sheldon's spot.

6 Brandon Roy*

7 Randy Foye

8 Rudy Gay

9 Patrick O'Bryant

10 Mouhamed Sene

11 J. J. Redick

12 Hilton Armstrong

13 Thabo Sefolosha

14 Ronnie Brewer

15 Cedric Simmons

16 Rodney Carney

17 Shawne Williams

18 Oleksiy Pecherov

19 Quincy Douby

20 Renaldo Balkman

21 Rajon Rondo+

22 Marcus Williams

23 Josh Boone

24 Kyle Lowry

25 Shannon Brown

26 Jordan Farmar

27 Sergio Rodríguez

28 Maurice Ager

29 Mardy Collins

30 Joel Freeland

31 James White

32 Steve Novak

• Premium Member

Do you not know who these players are?

Good players yes...but did they fit here?

I'll concede that BK could have picked up Roy as trade bait but I will not kill the man for drafting based on need.

You already had JJ

Rudy Gay would have made less sense since you already had Marvin.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Good players yes...but did they fit here?

I'll concede that BK could have picked up Roy as trade bait but I will not kill the man for drafting based on need.

He didn't need a small forward the year before when he drafted Marvin. The roster was full of them. You can't have it both ways.

Besides the Hawks didn't need a "big" with a standing reach 4" shorter than Marvins.

• Moderators

He was also offered by other teams and said no.

I'm not calling you out or anything but I need to get the backup on this one or I have to call bs. This board has covered BK in pretty close detail but this is the first I've heard of him being offered a GM position by other teams.

My personal view on BK is that he was a mediocre GM. He did some good things and did plenty of bad things. I would definitely hire him if I was looking at a group of candidates like Isiah Thomas (hire him as a scout but not GM), Kevin McHale, Danny Ferry, Mike Dunleavy, and others of similar ilk. I saw enough wrong with him in his time in Atlanta that I would not be eager to sign him by any means and wouldn't consider him if I could talk to any of the outstanding GMs in the league.

I'm not calling you out or anything but I need to get the backup on this one or I have to call bs. This board has covered BK in pretty close detail but this is the first I've heard of him being offered a GM position by other teams.

My personal view on BK is that he was a mediocre GM. He did some good things and did plenty of bad things. I would definitely hire him if I was looking at a group of candidates like Isiah Thomas (hire him as a scout but not GM), Kevin McHale, Danny Ferry, Mike Dunleavy, and others of similar ilk. I saw enough wrong with him in his time in Atlanta that I would not be eager to sign him by any means and wouldn't consider him if I could talk to any of the outstanding GMs in the league.

Danny Ferry? Isn't he the GM that surrounded Lebron with Shaq, Jamison, Mo Williams, Varejao, Hickson and West? I think he has done a pretty good job building around Lebron.

• Moderators

Danny Ferry? Isn't he the GM that surrounded Lebron with Shaq, Jamison, Mo Williams, Varejao, Hickson and West? I think he has done a pretty good job building around Lebron.

You are right. I was thinking of his predecessor, Jim Paxson.