NBA Live 06 - starting to become a fan

Admin

After truly hating the game the first time I played it I was very doubtful that I would ever enjoy it. Then after tweaking the settings and giving it more of a chance it has really started growing on me.

I have to say that Al and Marvin are FUN to use on this game. Marvin is all over the boards and has a nice turnaround J. Al is just like him, except better. Smoove and Chillz suck from the outside and JJ has trouble getting penetration against the quicker guards but man he is deadly from downtown. ZaZa isnt too bad either. I can pretty much stay in every game and I win about 1 out of 3 which is about what I am hoping for from the real Hawks this year.

The only gripes that I still have about the game are not being able to read the players stats during the game, having trouble reading the score during the game, and then slow loading times that the game seems to have sometimes.

Does anyone have Live and 2k? I am curious as to what people think is the better game this year.

I dont think those stats are any easier to read. I think the only really legible stats for the game are after the game when you are in the schedule part and you choose to view the box score for the game you just played.

Also, to have to pause the game to be able to tell whether the score is 86-86 or 86-66 or 88-86 or whatever is just nuts. This is probably my only big complaint now though so it could be worse I imagine.

If it hadnt been for adjusting the sliders to something semi-reasonable I wouldnt have played it again because I am disappointed with the graphics. This game is very similar to last year, with some minor bug fixes.

Oh and another annoying thing is when you go to save and it says that your save name is already in use. Does anyone else see that? Plus you cant save during a game either which I hate. Those are two issues that they havent fixed in years.

if your using the PC version -- there is a patch available (non-official)

here's a pic of it

confused.gif

i enjoy the game -- playing online is my biggest complaint.....very tough to get a game going where whoever you play doesnt pick miami......or san antonio.

very annoying when i stay true and pick the Hawks.