• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oakland fans hassle Jeff Garcia

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1455370.html

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Jeff Garcia had had enough. During Sunday's 23-20 overtime victory over the Raiders, Garcia heard Raiders fans swearing at him and questioning his manhood.

"I can't repeat the stuff they yelled at me," Garcia said. "But if anything, it makes you more focused. I concentrated on what I needed to do to get the plays."

Jeff Garcia

Garcia

Garcia silenced fans by keeping alive three drives in the final 30 minutes that led to 10 points, and it also kept him off the sideline where Raiders fans are within shouting distance. Garcia stayed on the field for 45 plays compared to the Raiders' 10 from the 6:46 mark of the third quarter.

"That's the best way to handle those situations," Garcia said. "You just stay on the field and make plays." Garcia was the "Man" on Sunday. In the second half, he completed 17 of 19 passes for 134 yards. When the 49ers needed big yards, Garcia took it upon himself to run for first downs. His 46 yards on 10 carries were crucial.

"Jeff Garcia single-handedly won that game, there is no doubt in my mind," Raiders coach Bill Callahan said. "We couldn't corral him. We couldn't defend him. He played an outstanding game in every respect."

When Jose Cortez made the game-winning 23-yard field goal at the 8:41 mark of overtime, Garcia let loose, shouting obscenities at Raider fans and flashing them obscene gestures. He had had enough. Coaches and teammates calmed him down and made sure he got off the field safely.

They knew he was in hostile territory. After all, the father of Niners center Jeremy Newberry was hit in the head by a beer bottle. Newberry's dad refused treatment after the game and was groggy.

"Those Raiders fan shout everything along the sidelines," halfback Kevan Barlow said. "They kept calling me 'Part-time' player. Actually, I thought that was kinda funny. They were shouting everything at Jeff. You have to make sure that you don't get in a shouting match back with them because it takes you out of your game."

Oakland fans are classless.I really don't care of Jeff

is [censored]/str8 or whatever,but he is a hellva QB and is

HIGHLY underrated.

I hate Oakland and Philly fans.