• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need to get DEFENSE and be BIGGER, add more length and athleticism, be more versatile across the board, need toughness.

That is basically it.

Find out who is the offense.. is it Trae? And surround them with reliable defenders in and outside the paint..

Delon Wright

Drummond

Thybulle

you name it..

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That is basically it.

Find out who is the offense.. is it Trae? And surround them with reliable defenders in and outside the paint..

Delon Wright

Drummond

Thybulle

you name it..

You can't ignore shooting with this.  Trae needs defenders who can shoot around him.  

Also, in no way, shape, or form is Drummond a starting big in today's NBA.  His game isn't diverse enough.  No perimeter offense.  No switchability on defense.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 3

BR love on trades..

Warning though: dude running the show just said Hawks could be hurting on defense since Kevin Huerter left? 🤨 

@kg01 popped in the fan section with a Pels trade as you can see 😆 

IMG_4310.png

• Like 1

1. Offensive 5 that works with Trae. If you aren't riding with Trae. The 5 isn't the biggest issue. They need another star that's a better fit with Murray.

2. Murray and Trae don't work but the value has to be there. The value for Trae is massively more important to us than Murray but we value Murray more than anyone not named Trae. 

3. We need another vet who's a POA wing to join Dre. 

4. PAY THE LT, TONY

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

BR love on trades..

Warning though: dude running the show just said Hawks could be hurting on defense since Kevin Huerter left? 🤨 

IMG_4310.png

Zion in Atlanta is a good look. Murray and Zion is a good look

Edited by NBASupes

That "offensive 5" has to also be either an elite rim protector or a switchable defender who can guard multiple positions.  We can't have a weak defender at both point guard and center going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 I laughed hard when Mr. Drummond hosed over his own dude 🤣 

Yeah, me too.  I laughed real hard when Caruso got hurt uh  ... I mean, never be happy somebody got hurt.  That's just wrong, kg. 😐

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

BR love on trades..

IMG_4310.png

Heh, some dude said Capela 'carried'.  People are funny.  And, if that was me, why didn't they refer to them as the Pelican'ts? 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Zion in Atlanta is a good look. Murray and Zion is a good look

How long before, like with JoeLLLL, folks stop believing he'll be healthy enough to lead anything? 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, me too.  I laughed real hard when Caruso got hurt uh  ... I mean, never be happy somebody got hurt.  That's just wrong, kg. 😐

Heh, some dude said Capela 'carried'.  People are funny.  And, if that was me, why didn't they refer to them as the Pelican'ts? 😉

🤣 I was listening right up to the point where dude said..

Could it be the Hawks defense collapsed when Kevin Huerter left? 

Me: :upsidedown: have you watched a Hawks game in the past ever sir?

Just now, kg01 said:

How long before, like with JoeLLLL, folks stop believing he'll be healthy enough to lead anything? 

NO!!! @hazerdream of Joel from 4 years ago can’t come true dude is injured a ton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need to get DEFENSE and be BIGGER, add more length and athleticism, be more versatile across the board, need toughness.

I agree with the first part.  As far as length and athleticism, they already got that with Johnson and MAYBE with a healthy Okongwu.  6' 8" is tall enough in today's NBA.  Very few teams present a problem for you if you deploy that (Milwaukee, etc.).

Since most likely they will attempt to move Murray and keep Trae, they need a defense ONLY shooting guard to rotate out with Bogi.  Teams get the ball into the paint too easily with the combo of Murray and Trae.  The last part of this is the most amazing part:  Capela is garbage as a athletic scoring big but IS one of the best fits on this team for Young as highlighted by what Quin did yesterday. Outside of Murray freelancing, Capela was the team's best offensive option with Johnson out. They went back to Young and Capela's bread and butter pick and roll.  I need to see game film but it even looked like they were working backside screens for Capela to get them lobs also.

• Like 3

If your answer to the Hawks woes is to pair Trae with Zach Edey, then you might as well just say f*** playing defense as a whole, get the best offensive players you can find at the other three spots, and try to win games 160-155 because a team will NEVER have a top 10 caliber defense with Trae Young at point and Zach Edey at center.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I knew I wasn't crazy.  Or are they breaking news?  Wes is secretly a Ressler? 

My son…. {reaching like Dr evil for a hug}..

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I kept wondering and wondering :laugh1:

Get Bud in there and Josh Maggette and we have a family reunion of sorts.. :batman:

• Haha 2