• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Missing the point... team D has been key in 2 wins

MoonKnight

Stinger made numerous comments that the team D has been at its best the last two games... 2 wins. Now is the team finally buying into Stotts coaching or is the loss of BigDawg the reason for the improvement of team D? This is a key question and I don't know the answer yet. However, if we see a drop in team D when BigDawg returns to the starting rotation then the answer will be clear. On another note, stop the trade JT talk. He is the only player on our roster who can create his shot from anywhere on the court. He is the only clutch shooter on the team (I suspect DG's shot was a one time event). Lose JT and this team could quickly become the stagnant Lenny W type of O team. We either need a big 1 or a big 2 with the ability to handle the rock and sometimes initiate the O. Turk, McInnis, J. Crawford all fit this bill. But the big question remains...Why has our team D drastically improved the last 2 games?

I agree that if we can find a good PG partner for JT, then we should keep him there (unless we were offered an incredible deal) Here are two deals I was looking at.....

Nazr for Snow (works salary wise; some of you mentioned this)

Grob/CC/Glover for Person/Battier/Wright (works salary wise; just a thought)

Snow/Wilks/Dickau

JT/Person

Battier/Newble/Ham

Reef/Hendu

Theo/Wright/McCaskill

I I think along with Battier we could get Lo (as Memphis has Gooden, Swift, Gasol at Pf/C) but probably not Person as well. Big deal. I still do the deal but question what team in their right mind wants Big Dawg that much right now.

W

Walter, I like it too. GRob is a great scorer. He plays

hard. He grabs rebounds. Don't run him down too much,

he has trade value.

I fear that C.C. has no trade value. He is injured and

was injured much of last season. I love him as a

player when he is able to play. Unfortunately, he

spends a lot of time on I.R.

Some players are traded simply to make salaries match

up and make the trade possible. This may be the reason

that C.C. is included.

Dog for Battier -- Throw in whatever it takes to make it

happen and I, for one, would be extremely pleased.

As good as Dog is, he seems to be a square peg in

a round hole when it comes to the Hawks. Battier

would be a much better fit, I believe.

Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one and they

are not all alike, but that is my opinion of this trade.

I personally think 3 quality home wins the last 3 games without BigDog is enough to convince me. I dont know what he and the team would think if he didnt start the next few games but that's what I'd have to do if I were Stotts. Then if we get lucky and keep winning I'd stay with what was working.

I really dont think BigDog is the basis of our problems, but maybe somehow Shareef and Ratliff just dont want to, or cant figure how to, play with BigDog. I think we are a longterm weaker team if we cant figure out how to use BigDog and I doubt we'll trade him either. Stotts said he might change starters based on matchups, I'd like to see him do that by starting JT, Reef, and Ratliff with various combos but BigDog only part of the time. Then let's go find us a good ball handling/passing 2 guard and we'll be fine!