• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hypothetical Conley vs Law ( deep thought )

TheNorthCydeRises

I'd like to see the answers you guys give to this hypothetical situation I'm about to present. This will take time to deduce, so put some time and effort into it.

Say we take Horford at #3, and Conley AND Law fall to #11.

Depending on who we draft, that PG immeadiately wins the starting job here. Each PG plays about 28 minutes a game as the starter during their rookie year. And this is the starting lineup:

PG - Conley or Law

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Smoove

F/C - Horford

Question 1: What would be Conley or Law's stats if they were named the starter and played the point?

I want to know:

- points per game

- assists

- rebounds

- steals

- turnovers

- FG%

- 3FG%

- FT%

Question 2: Which player would be helped the MOST, by each PG . . and how would he help that player?

Question 3: What would the Hawks record be, if Law was the PG here, and if Conley was the PG here? Explain how you come to this conclusion about the record.

I'll give my thoughts on this tomorrow, seeing that my time is short today. Put some thought into this. And be realistic about your prognostications, knowing what you know about the PG, and the rest of the team.

I won't make any guesses on the stats, but in answering your second question I would think Conley helps Smoove more and Law helps JJ more. Conley is more of a passer and would help get Smoove the ball in positions to score. Whereas Law is a better shooter and would take some pressure off of JJ, particularly with his willingness to take/make the big shot down the stretch, giving JJ an option to pass out rather than force something.

I think the player that would benefit the most from a great passing point guard like Mike Conley is Josh Childress. Josh Childress is the most underrated player on this team and one of the more underappreciated players in the entire league.

Josh Childress is the best on the Hawks team at moving without the basketball and getting himself open for shots. With a point guard like Conley, Josh Childress would probably average between 16-18 PPG and continue his usual efficient shooting.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I think the player that would benefit the most from a great passing point guard like Mike Conley is Josh Childress.

Wait, we do already.

You don't pick a player 3rd if his biggest impact is helping your 6th man.

W

I see Conley putting up something along the lines of:

10.1 PPG

1.2 STL

1.8 TO

5.9 AST

2.5 REB

FG% 39

3PT% 28

FT% 82

And I see Law IV doing something more like:

11.8 PPG

0.8 STL

1.8 TO

4.5 AST

2.5 REB

FG% 42

3PT% 41

FT% 88

I think that all the players on the team are helped by either guy, because adding a real point will improve our ball movement.

But Conley should help Childress and to a lesser extent Smoove.

And Law IV should help Joe and to a lesser extent Marvin.

I see around 34-42 wins assuming health and regardless of PG.