• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you take No1 Jarvis Hayes,R Gaines,Diaw

thescout10

There is a slight possibility that all 3 players could be available at the 21st pick when the Hawks pick.Who would you take as the no1 pick for the Hawks? I see upside with all three players but I would go with Gaines. At this point is seems he has a better all around game and can play the point which is a weakness of the Hawk's. Based on a previous post from a follower of Gaines who has watched him throughout his career he is a money player and can take the big shot.I would not be disappointed with the other 2 players since they can pose matchup problems for other teams. I hope something finally goes right for the Hawks since this franchise needs a shot in the arm.

Gaines is gone, no question, by the Magic if not before then. But it's been widely discussed and reported that the Magic love him...he won't go lower than that.

Assuming no trades...I'd rather have Diaw. But that might be somewhat shortsighted..or it might not. It's a definite gamble...depends on if we have anyone over in France right now watching him play in the playoffs.

I think Hayes, Gaines and Diaw will all be gone by that time. But you never know who will slip, Sofoklis is one who I hope slips but I doubt that too. I'm kinda hoping for Outlaw, who for sure should be there, but don't know if the Hawks brass like him. Atlanta needs to draft a high ceiling player

I think Jarvis Hayes is going to be a LOT better than people think. I just watched a replay of the GA/FL game that GA won at the buzzer and I think his lack of ballhandling skills are overrated. He'll never be PG material but he handles it AT LEAST as well as Jason Richardson did coming out of college and I think he handles it better. He definitely shoots it better. I think Hayes has the ability to be a Glen Rice type player and Rice in his prime was pretty dang good.

I think Reece Gaines would be the best fit for RIGHT NOW because even if he plays SG for us, he has the PG skills to compliment JT and I think he is ready to play right now.

I'd take Diaw last out of this group because I have never seen him play. None of us have. All who rate him (actually ANY of the foreign guys) highly are basing their opinions of him on what others scouts have said about him. He MIGHT be the best of the bunch but I am very comfortable with what Hayes and Gaines can do. I'll take my chances with the known. The 2 main thing that scare me about him are his alleged lack of aggression and his suspect perimeter shot.

I think most if not all of those players will be gone by the time the Hawks are picking, but if I had my choice I'd take Jarvis Hayes. I think he will be a very nice player in this league, and I also think that out of the three of them he is the most ready to come in and contribute. Although Diaw is intriguing b/c he is 6'8"

Go Hawks,

Todd

thescout, I believe you're referring to me as the "follower of Gaines" and my post.

Anyway, there's no question that, among those three, I'd quickly snatch up Reece Gaines. He is the perfect complement to JT - they could easily switch back-and-forth PG/SG duties. And he's a great player by himself. My previous post outlines that.

That having been said, Gaines will be long gone by the #21 pick. There is no way that he will slip past the Magic at #15; Doc Rivers and the team are reportedly enthralled with him. I've heard rumblings that he might even get chosen by the Warriors, Sonics, or even the Wizards in the lottery, but the most likely scenario is that Gaines goes to the Magic.

I think Jarvis Hayes will be available for us at #21, and apparently Boris Diaw has done a free-fall (according to ESPN's latest mock draft) and slipped out of the first round. He might be available for our second round pick.

As mentioned earlier could the Hawks pull this off drafting Diaw in the second by trading up or gving a player draft pick to get Diaw. Currently the Hawks are going nowhere with the group they have. A few highceiling players are needed.Diaw would pose matchup problems and I believe Hayes will be betterv than Glenn robinson with Hayes all around ability.I hope Hawks management can pull a trade off like this but I am not counting on it since it would be to good to be true.

If we could get Hayes at 21st & Diaw with the 2nd round pick I say do it. I've never questioned Hayes ball handling having seen him play this year and last. He's not Scottie Pippen but he's better than Stephen Jackson(San Antonio). I say start Hayes at the SF, and sit Big Dog like Portland did Damon Stoudamire. Maybe then he'llI(G. Rob.) rededicate himself to conditioining and the mindset it takes to be a Pro.

Diaw/Terry/Hayes/Rahim/Ratliff.