Terry wants to stay...but..(READ)..Nugs sign dre..

dimes4life

"JASON TERRY WANTS TO STAY: Re-stating what he told Hawks management at the trade deadline, Jason Terry told media he wanted to remain in Atlanta and be part of the rebuilding, saying to media 'I want to finish what I started.. I think, in the community and on the court, I have been performing [well]. I want to do what Dominique Wilkins couldn't do, play my [entire] career here. We haven't won, we haven't been to the playoffs, and I want to get the Atlanta Hawks to the playoffs.' Several teams with cap room have talked with Terry, but his first option is to remain in Atlanta. It’s rumored Jason is seeking a $65 million 7-year deal, given the established market value of an upper tier point guard, he may get it."

Jason Terry seems to be wanting to stay in Atlanta but 65 million over 7 years is quite high for a guy who is a not a "pure" point guard, although a good basketball player. Don't be surprise if the Heat or Jazz snatch him up. Plus, reports are saying that ANDRE MILLER has signed with DENVER which means JT will probably get a huge offer from the JAZZ....

can resign JT for no more than that, probably a little less. The reason is that I don't see any team making a bigger offer than that to JT when they could have made a bigger offer for Miller first. I think its likely that we will match any long term offer JT gets and I don't think that long term offer is going to exceed Miller's deal.

JT should at least get an equal contract to Miller's.

JT isn't as pure as Miller at the point guard position, but I'd rather have JT because I think he just a step below the Stephon Marbury class of point guards.

Miller, IMO, is just another Mark Jackson type of point guard. He's not very adept at running an up tempo offense, and I think Jason Terry excelled when the Hawks started playing more of an up and down the floor game last season.

player but I don't think he is going to get a bigger deal than Miller's whether he's worth it or not. I think the Hawks will let the market dictate what JT's salary is going to be and I think that the market will set his salary somewhere near, but probably just below, Miller's salary. The Hawks may offer him a deal right at Miller's salary just to make him happy but more than likely, they will simply sit back and wait to see what kind of offer he gets and match it.

offer JT a huge contract. With Dre Miller goin to hte Nugs, Arenas probably to thew Heat, the Jazz are left, and they have 19 million dollars to spend! They would love to pick up Elton Brand, but the Clips will match that offer leaving the Jazz to go after JT who averaged like 27 pts and 8 dimes against the Jazz last year. I do agree though that Miller is much like the slo-mo Jackson, but atleast he runs a team, although I do consider JT just as good as a "basketball" player.

decision to go where he opts to. Not only does he want to go toDenver, but they are going to give him 6 year 55 million dollar contract. Furthermore, that means the Jazz would probably offer JT 50-60-65 million dollars over 6 or 7 years. We are talking like 9 million per year. Will the Hawks match that offer with contracts ssuch as Big Dog and Theo, and Reef is do for a big one next year...But that's a different story.

I get the feeling that Utah was never as interested in Miller as many would like to think.

The Jazz Management realizes the trend the point guard position is going to, and they also know they were hurt last season by the speed and scoring ability of Gilbert Arenas and Jason Terry.

I feel the Hawks will match the offer though, and I really don't see anything the Jazz have that I would want for JT in a sign and trade outside of Andrei Kirilenko. I doubt Utah would do a Kirilenko for Terry trade.

$55 million over 6 years. They CAN'T offer him a 7 year deal even if they want to because the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) only allows them to offer JT a 6 yr deal with a maximium 10% raise per season. If they make an offer to JT at all, it will be no more than the Miller deal and the Hawks will match it.

They may not even make JT an offer AT ALL because they know the Hawks are likely to match it and making the offer will prevent them from pursuing other FAs who they might actually be able to get during that 15 period. By making JT an offer, they are running the risk that the Hawks will wait until the last minute to match the offer and in the meantime, other teams will be snatching up the other FAs.