• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its 9:51am,071403.Do you know who your owner is?

TheDude

No we don't. Anybody got any word the last day or two on the status of the sale. If this sale takes too much longer, it could really hinder this franchise for some years to come.

I know that sounds extreme but it's not. Think about it. Sale takes too long. Management too scared to make moves to retain players or sign others and these players go to other players and blow up.(yes i'm talking d.j. and terry). Then basically we gave away good players because of management and are having to rebuild again.

arg.

Go to RealGM and check out Jaywalker's article on the ownership deal. I don't know how old the article is but it is fairly new.IT will give you a little insight into what's going on.

Maybe help speed things up? Because while we are in the process of being bought, I don't think it is necessarily fair to have the whole franchise in limbo. We are basically restricted from doing the necessary offseason functions (i.e., talk to free agents, make deals with our own FA's, interview coaches and GMs, make trades). Let's say this deal does not get done until Mid-August...if not by September. Possibly worse, what if it falls through? Will it take another 4 months for someone to buy the team? If that's the case, we're looking at December before the team is sold. That's almost 2 months into the new season. I'm not trying to be too pessimistic here, but just being a concerned fan. I think it is David Stern's and the NBA Board of Governer's duty to maybe build a bridge between AOL and McDavid and speed up this process. I don't see how they can allow us to stand in limbo while other teams are free to make moves. Yes the TEAM is being sold, but why should the players, acting GMs and coaches be somewhat restricted? Just a few thoughts of mine...

J

True Jahawk, and not only are they being restricted, but the sale is messing with their lives. They essentially don't know what/if they have a job or not. Now that's a good reason the NBA could get involved.

If I'm Knight, I say [censored] it, telephone McDavid and say whether he gets the sale or not, he's going to start making some offseaon progress...