Richard Hamilton

SG Joe Johnson

Tayshaun Prince

SF Marvin Williams

Jonas Jerebko PF Josh Smith

Jason Maxiell

C Al Horford

Hawks Injury Report: None

Pistons Injury Report: Richard Hamilton and Jason Maxiell are questionable to play.

Blogging With the Enemy: Detroit Bad Boys

Predicted bane of the Hawks' existence: Ben Wallace

Game Preview:

How long ago does it seem that horrible loss to Detroit was back in November? And how often do you forget  Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva are on the Pistons, let alone that Detroit spent gobs of money on them? Ahhh the joys and effects of an 82 game season.

For this one in eighty two, here is the deal. The Pistons don't care. They have lost like 28 games in a row (actually only 10). They too are playing the second of a back to back, and the Hawks are at home. If Atlanta has any interest in fighting for the third seed, they will come out and destroy the Pistons. I mean beat down the beat down that is the first quarter beat down. And then beat down that beat down.

If the Hawks just have passing interest in playoff seeding and plan to fill empty quotes about fighting for the third seed on the way to a 3-3 finish, expect a hard fought game where Josh Smith plays 40 minutes and tries for 15 of them and Joe Johnson shoots lazy jumpers after extended dribbling.

I am obviously hoping for the former. I no longer think the fourth seed is the "better seed" for the Hawks. I have given up on finding reasons to root for bad basketball or at least not caring about its presence. Tonight, I expect an easy win, and I actually care that my expectations are met. 

Keys to the game:

1. Effort.
  2. Killer instinct.
  3. Rebounding.

It ain't empty cliches if it is the truth.

Go Hawks!

di
di

View the full article